The Upcoming Fennec Browser Looks Schweet...

God Ginrai said:
trooper said:
God Ginrai said:
trooper said:
Opera FTW, :wub: If only. :rolleyes:

Trooper
Opera's a good browser, you can't argue with that. But, I'm partial to FireFox.

-God Ginrai

I may just go screaming out Pandora, Open source, Linux, Pocketable and games console over at opera.com and see where that gets me (Hopefully not banned :rolleyes: ), Though i`d have to wait until the pandora is out before doing so, Otherwise i`ll get screams of vapourware in return. :rolleyes:

Trooper

Do you really think that Opera would do a free browser for the Pandora? o_ô I would think that they would only release a browser if we would buy it. :\

-God Ginrai

Got to be worth a try though.

Trooper

Last edited by a moderator:
Fennec alpha 1 released!

Here is a youtube video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fARdAe-Rt04

Any chance, notaz or someone else with a dev-board will test it? :D

Last edited by a moderator:
I think Fennec would be nice, as long as it is speedy. I've heard mixed reports about Firefox browsers on the n800 and from experience the gecko engine is a bit slow on arm compared to opera. But I'm sure those issues could be resolved later.

I'm playing with it now on my computer, I think it would be amazing for the pandora. Seems way more usable than Firefox would be, even in Alpha state. :pandora1:

I would much rather have this than normal firefox. Normal firefox would just be too squished & cluttered, and when you turn on full-screen mode you sacrifice usability for screen size. With fennec you wouldn't have to.

Back