The "when" Of Buying A Pandora

That's a strange thing to say. Why would they do that? They've been doing business in this community since at least 2003, and most everyone knows where they're located. :p

Prometheus said:
That's a strange thing to say. Why would they do that? They've been doing business in this community since at least 2003, and most everyone knows where they're located. :p

Yeah, I guess it is pretty unlikely. Still, the option is there.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm pretty sure there's no money to jet off with. They will be in the red until well into the second batch or is it 3rd batch now?

Prometheus said:

In the word's of Craig Rothwell, ".... probably kill me and bury me in the snow - I won't be found 'till next spring, DEAD!"

Oh, I'm not disputing that the OS and such will still be around, I've no doubt about that. :p I was meaning in the sense of not producing more of them - have I misunderstood?

Prometheus said:
Oh, I'm not disputing that the OS and such will still be around, I've no doubt about that. :p I was meaning in the sense of not producing more of them - have I misunderstood?
Actually, I'm personally a bit surprised if this is true. I mean they had a booth at Assembly showing off some N900s, etc so...
Well a Google search came up with no direct confirmation from Nokia, only stories on forums that people have asked for N900s on a Nokia Shop and got an answer that it was discontinued. The (finnish) online nokia store has them stocked atm, but the price has been dropped (from 549€) to 489€. Its a shame if they really have discontinued it.

^ It works always like that. Nokia doesn't confirm nor deny if you ask them, the products just disappear from the shops and that's it. The whole Internet Tablet line was a research project with very low sales and short support. They already split their dev team to work on MeeGo a while ago, but the N900 won't get an official MeeGo, so people are completely without support. As I see the situation, people will move over to Nitdroid or MeeGo and TMO will die off sooner or later, cause there are already separate boards for those alternatives and Maemo 5 is basically already dead.

mysticmaus said:
To answer the "when" question in this topic >

The time to order is NOW :rolleyes:

The sooner you order ,the sooner you get it! , and then still "sooner" means a year at this rate of production.... <_<

But it's worth it considering what this device can do ^_^
+1

With the October 18th announcement for the end of batch 1, batch 2 preorders at this point in time may have the least time to wait for a Pandora. IMHO

Peace & Pandora,

Link

Back