The worst video game reviwer, EVER!

Yeah, but you don't understand, he's not just pointing out the questionable aspects of these games and warning parents about them. In the cases of Doom and Diablo, he tries to almost force the idea into the minds of his readers that they will all of a sudden become Satanists after playing these games. It just does not happen that way in the real world. It is not his religion that I am trying to attack, it's about his ideals being forced upon those who read his reviews. He doesn't look at it from a truly entertainment aspect where things are unreal, but as if they are a direct attack on the Christian church and that they directly influence the players to become morraly corrupt, in which it is NOT.

Either way you look at it, he seems paranoid of imaginary fantasty worlds, the lands where the mind's imagination can be entertained. The lands away from the control of strict religious ideals.

If he was trying to be just an advisor on the content of a video game, he wouldn't be including all his religious ideals into his reviews. He is extremely biased in my eyes. And therefore, to me atleast, the worst game reviewer I've ever seen.

Like I said, the reviews are completely biased, from the standpoint of a devout Christian. To find fault with those reviews would be to find fault with the views of the orthodox Christian church. The reason I am making this distinction is because it is the Church who proposes these points of view, and the "devout" Christian who believes them.

"Thyphoid" said:
Violence in videogames is NOT unholy, as long you are on the right side.

I admire such a controversial statement, my friend. But would you care to elaborate for the sake of discussion? :) I'm sure there are about a million views on this.

Last edited by a moderator:
Surely even orthodox Christians can comprehend the difference between reality and a game. To say that Black & White gives the impression that anyone can be a god is absurd.

I'm sure that most Christians will agree with me, certainly the ones I know would.

Listen, I was not trying to attack Christians with this thread, I even say it in my initial post. All I'm saying is that he an absurd repesentation of how Christians should repond to to our modern culture. Violence in video games is not wrong. Being an irresponsible parent is. That's all I have left to say.

Back