Theoretically Speaking, Is The Pandora At Least Capable Of Dreamcast E

Analog shoulder buttons? Why not just map these to the shoulder buttons on the Pandora???

Am I missing something?

The shoulder buttons are somewhat pressure sensitive. Have a dreamcast for 6 years now and never realised that, while I'm sure I automatically used this feature for several racing games.
Using the second analog controller might work just fine for those.

hmm is dreamcast on pandora possible? Thats the million dollar question lol... Well back in the psp wee days of emulation people doubted fullspeed sega cd, gba, playstation1, cps1,2 emulation. They were proven wrong as time went by.

As for decent to near perfect dc emulation on pandora? Heck i dont know, to be honest the pandoras hardware is high end as far as handheld devices go. Im not counting eeepcs or umpc. Its beefy.

And if im not reading the specs incorrectly it has two processors?? not sure someone has to clarify this for me if they have a chance.

As for decent null dc emulation on pandora..i think its possible. But we need someone who knows the pandora hardware back and front and can use its capabilities to its fullest. Time will give us a answer. It would be awesome if we had a professional team of coders working on it(not that drk isnt capable of doing this on his own im sure hes very talented !). We all contribute some money for the tools etc and they start orking on a official dc emulator for pandora..id love for that to happen.

Birdeater said:
hmm is dreamcast on pandora possible? Thats the million dollar question lol... Well back in the psp wee days of emulation people doubted fullspeed sega cd, gba, playstation1, cps1,2 emulation. They were proven wrong as time went by.

As for decent to near perfect dc emulation on pandora? Heck i dont know, to be honest the pandoras hardware is high end as far as handheld devices go. Im not counting eeepcs or umpc. Its beefy.

And if im not reading the specs incorrectly it has two processors?? not sure someone has to clarify this for me if they have a chance.

As for decent null dc emulation on pandora..i think its possible. But we need someone who knows the pandora hardware back and front and can use its capabilities to its fullest. Time will give us a answer. It would be awesome if we had a professional team of coders working on it(not that drk isnt capable of doing this on his own im sure hes very talented !). We all contribute some money for the tools etc and they start orking on a official dc emulator for pandora..id love for that to happen.
It has many processors, but not a dual core setup as in replicated cores.

There is the cortex A8 core, the mastermind.
There is the DSP core, and its full name escapes me at this point.
There is the SGX core, which is the PowerVR graphics core
There is also the NEON unit (not core) in the A8 that has pipelined and non-pipelined floating point capabilities.

Coders will be able to use the DSP as a second core if they find useful stuff to throw at it, so there's a lot of room for optimization. However, last I heard, and correct me if I am wrong anyone, there is not going to be direct access to the 3D hardware.

Last edited by a moderator:
anexanhume said:
However, last I heard, and correct me if I am wrong anyone, there is not going to be direct access to the 3D hardware.
There will be access to the GPU via OpenGL drivers just like on a PC, which limits the hacking you can do, but over all isn't really a limit at all.

conso said:
The shoulder buttons are somewhat pressure sensitive. Have a dreamcast for 6 years now and never realised that, while I'm sure I automatically used this feature for several racing games.
Using the second analog controller might work just fine for those.
Uppers. As I only every really use my DC for Datona and Saga Rally I've come to love the analogue shoulders. You can slowly accelerate where required and keep the vehicle running at half throttle when learning tracks (or playing againt somebody with whom you're trying to win favor :p)

Of course I have the wheel and pedals but it's not always practical to have them set up.

I suppose you could map them to the second analogue controller. You'd have to use directions at right-angles to each other (such as left for the left shoulder button and down for the right shoulder button) to enable you to 'press' both shoulder buttons at once. It'd be a bit odd but one might be able to get used to it!

Back