PC emulators that should be ported to Pandora

What about things like QEMU? I heard we've got SIMH (not looked recently), that's cool too.

And Atari ST (with a TOS ROM) would rock. Not that I can remember where all my software went.

Correct me if I am wrong... but I am pretty sure Dark Castle, Glider and Spectre (Pre-VR) did not need an '030. They ran on older macs and are supported by Basilisk II for the OpenPandora...

The one good '030/'040 game I remember well was Solarian II.

Last edited by a moderator:
Correct me if I am wrong... but I am pretty sure Dark Castle, Glider and Spectre (Pre-VR) did not need an '030. They ran on older macs and are supported by Basilisk II for the OpenPandora...

The one good '030/'040 game I remember well was Solarian II.
Well what do ya know. I gotta start checking out the other board. When there was nothing at the pandora file archive i stopped looking.

I was lumping all those old games into the same group. I used to play a Star Wars game ©1983 in os 9.

Great sound effects in Solarian.

Sony, if you could stomach it, there is also a CGA-version of Dark Castle (can be downloaded on ["Abandonware" link removed] that runs on DosBox.

It's no memory lane, but it has (3) colors...

Hi, I've tried the Atari800/5200 Emulator and get a lot of graphics and sound corruption. I mainly use cassette files.

On Windows I highly recommend Altirra, It seems to be very accurate indeed and has source code and lots of documentation. If it could be ported that would be lovely. http://www.virtualdub.org/altirra.html

If I could, I would...

Hi, I've tried the Atari800/5200 Emulator and get a lot of graphics and sound corruption. I mainly use cassette files.

On Windows I highly recommend Altirra, It seems to be very accurate indeed and has source code and lots of documentation. If it could be ported that would be lovely. http://www.virtualdub.org/altirra.html

If I could, I would...
That particular emulator looks like it would be tricky, it depends on many Windows dependencies... The would basically need tearing out and replacing with more portable libs!

Back