DOOM64 pc port should be ported to pandora

b1llygo4t

http://doom64ex.wordpress.com/faq/

Someone ported DOOM64 to pc and added new features like jumping, mouse look and widescreen resolutions =] This is the unofficial sequel to doom 2 (2.5?). One of you fine developers should port this to the pandy. the port uses doom2 gpl source code and the DOOM64 specific code has been re-written from scratch (doom64 source was never released) and is open source. users need to supply their own DOOM64 rom.

Taken from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doom_64

Key differences from the computer games in the series include:

• 32 exclusive new levels.
  • New, larger sprites for all enemies, items, weapons and projectiles which were texture-filtered when close to the player to prevent pixelation.
  • Darker, more foreboding color schemes used to increase a sense of fear in the player.
  • No Commandos, Arch-Viles, Spider Masterminds or Revenants (removed due to the expense of low capacity Nintendo 64 cartridges).
  • Enemies that appear out of thin air after triggering a tripwire or switch.
  • All new textures, scrolling skies, artificial room-over-room architecture, and custom scripting.
  • Tripwire booby traps, from darts to homing fireballs.
  • The player's viewpoint is from chest level, rather than eye-level, making all objects and characters appear larger in relation to the player.
  • Eerie synth ambient music tracks (instead of MIDI rock music)
  • More ambivalent usage of Satanic imagery (pentagrams, inverted crosses, depictions of sacrifice) than the computer version of Doom with differing usages of horror schemes.
  • More advanced atmospheric colored lighting and effects, such as parallaxing skies, fog, and lightning.
  • Re-designed weapons that act more devastating than previous installments of the game series (realistic jostling movements when firing the weapons are also present, including being knocked back a few inches from a fired rocket).

Yes i've played it before,it's fine game, really prefer n64 game better but still doom64 pc game is a nice edition,so it's welcome to come on pandora,anyone in trusted on this project,please give it go developers.

I love Doom 64 ^^ and to have a Pandora port would be awesome! There is also a Doom 1 and 2 that use the graphics from Doom 64 :)

doom 64 is my favorite and in my opinion the best doom game. the atmosphere is ultra creepy. doom 3 was awesome but i dont think it felt so much like a doom game.

Back