Things/tutorials/utilities that people have already made that should be in HF6

Blue Protoman

Last edited by a moderator:
Let's be serious here. Not enough memory on the NAND for games, so every kilobyte has to go to something useful.

Much better docs/instruct. for emulators in main menu??

That would've helped me more ;) .

Sound upon start up ...or would that waste nand space? :unsure:

Last edited:

I think most of the documentation for the emulators belong in the PND files for each emulator/application. And the quality tends to be application specific, too.
As long as it is more thorough and easily accessible ,i really have no problem where it is located. ;)

Last edited:

I think most of the documentation for the emulators belong in the PND files for each emulator/application. And the quality tends to be application specific, too.
As long as it is more thorough and easily accessible ,i really have no problem where it is located. ;)
I think he meant that the documentation isnt something to do with a hotfix it is down to the author of the package to put in a document on it.

It's been mentioned elsewhere that it might be nice to have a document telling you how to install PNDs (i.e. the pandora folder and subfolders), and I think that's a good idea. Individual PNDs can then contain their own documentation telling users how to use them, but people have been having difficulty getting even that far - possibly more than we know, since that information's widely available on these forums, just not in anything shipped with the Pandora, so it's likely we haven't heard about people having that problem who aren't on these forums.

Someone posted a good list of emu settings/folder locations and keybindings a short time ago.

VPN options are greyed out for some folk and it requires a manual step to make them configurable

A fix for keyboard application shortcuts or xfce 4.8 :rolleyes:

Just as a note, "the wifi packet thing"

Not only includes packet injection and monitor support for the pandora

It also includes Bluetooth coexistence, ad-hoc support and potentially faster up/down speeds.

and I have no idea if that would be ready for HF6...there is however a 65usd bounty for it now tho :)

It's been mentioned elsewhere that it might be nice to have a document telling you how to install PNDs (i.e. the pandora folder and subfolders), and I think that's a good idea. Individual PNDs can then contain their own documentation telling users how to use them, but people have been having difficulty getting even that far - possibly more than we know, since that information's widely available on these forums, just not in anything shipped with the Pandora, so it's likely we haven't heard about people having that problem who aren't on these forums.

I agree with this. I was one of those people. Is it worth implementing into the OS (with lets say the check for pnd script) to generate the generic folder structure/tree (if the folders don't exist) automatically on discovery of a new card/usb hard drive, and a shortcut to both the 'apps' and 'appdata' folders. I suggest even generating a dummy /zero byte file within the apps/app data folder named 'drop your pnd's/ app data here'

It took me a few hours to work out where to put my pnds (i know the wiki explained this but i had to have help from the community)

Just a suggestion?

Sound upon start up ...or would that waste nand space? :unsure:
Instant veto. I can't stand my gadgets making a noise when I start them up. I've had to debrand my phone to stop that and held my thumbs over the gp2x's speakers on every boot up. I just want to play games, not let the world know that my gadget makes noises.

Instant veto. I can't stand my gadgets making a noise when I start them up. I've had to debrand my phone to stop that and held my thumbs over the gp2x's speakers on every boot up. I just want to play games, not let the world know that my gadget makes noises.

+1, though it could be added as a non default option. Found it pretty ironic that my phone proclaimed HTC was quietly brilliant whilst making an annoyingly loud welcome sound. A free app sorted that though.

+1 for PNDStore as a default app from me too.

There are some good suggestions on the other boards too.

My suggestions would be to :

Change the default browser

Change to a non bugged default file manager

Use the hold button to swap between Right Nub & ABXY as mouse buttons.

Change the default browser
Change to a non bugged default file manager

To what browser?

File manager bug in detailed view is a GTK+ bug iirc.

Takes up a lot of space with its special Debian libraries. I think Lightweight2 would be better.

Back