Thinking Of Getting One...

Dixons have a sale on at the moment, I picked up a 128mb card for £19.99 and a 32mb card for £3. Not sure whether it'll be in your area though.

I've had a GP32 for a week exactly and I can't imagine life without it. It's jus so cool to have 6hrs worth of music, a film, a few simpsons episodes and a ton of emu's all in my wallet over three cards. I use the GP32 on the bus, train - on my breaks at work and whilst I'm in the sink at work (Chef here, boi) and whilst I'm having a smoke outside. (I will quit, I promise!!!)

I bought a 133mhz FLU and I've had no problems with speed. Do your homework on this machine, or - like I did... just read GBAx's site. I got mine from there and if you're going to get one - you'd be mental to get it from anywhere else!

Your best bet usually for cheap SMC's is eBay.

Nevermind, must have just been the Wigan store that had excess stock or something. I'm sure there are really cheap ones somewhere. Ones that work aswell.

It sucks that these cards are so damn expensive, when you think about it - you can have a watch with 32mb data storage for only £20 more than most shops sell 128mb SMC's @ £40. It's silly and should change. I suppose eBay always has the odd bargain or two :)

I got a Fujifilm 128mb SMC the other day from Jessops, it was labelled £38.99 but it was reduced somehow to around £30. Apparantly, they have "come down in price". We shall see. With another big technology boom looming, we can expect technology as aged as this to go down in price. Hopefully.

Back