This site no longer opens on the first attempt.

DAP

For some reason this site no longer opens properly on the first load. I have to force a re-load before any of the forum topics show up.

Sometimes happen also for me on my home PC, instead more often with my Android phone browser.

Never seen this myself. I have to reload it first time I see it because my browser reloads the old index of the new posts page, but that's a known feature of this site, and to be fair it does load fully just show no new posts until I refresh it (although it does show alerts).

I've now tried reloading the page hundreds of times, and it still loads no fresh news :p (and little new content).

Perhaps the server is set to wind down at times of inactivity to save resources.

Note the new news post url looks like this:
Code:
https://pyra-handheld.com/boards/whats-new/posts/1535238/
If you click on the new posts tab it'll load a fresh page with a new number, but if you just F5 it it'll load the same page again, except you'll have read all the entries on that already,

I'll note this doesn't sound like the bug the OP is relating, where apparently the page doesn't render fully until you do reload.

I think I've seen it too. Recently, on my first visit for the day, sometimes the page just loads up to "Pyra News" and then stops.

I just got this myself. I clicked on new posts to refresh the new posts page, but it only loaded up to half way through the new post link, which was the What Have You Been Buying Recently thread, which only got rendered as 'What' and then it gave up.

I think I've seen it too. Recently, on my first visit for the day, sometimes the page just loads up to "Pyra News" and then stops.
I remembered to screenshot it this time.

Attachments

• 2022_0508_T222341.png
    2022_0508_T222341.png
    205.5 KB · Views: 122
I need to look at the source next time it happens to me. Mine stopped right in the middle of a thread title, so it's curious to me to know if the source closed that tag properly, or it's relying on the browser to auto close any open tags before rendering.

well i sent a message using the contact us at the bottom of the page 24 hrs ago and this time i logged in the site loaded fine first time. it has not for over 2 weeks.

Reactions: rSl
Yes, that url ends up in a more of less infinite redirection loop. No clue what's up with that.

I'll just note that the correct url for that thread in the current version of the software is:
Code:
https://pyra-handheld.com/boards/threads/the-communication-cube.59464/

Hm, does that still happen? I noticed that an update borked the PHP config last week, making everything horribly slow.

But it seems fine for me at th emoment.

Hm, does that still happen? I noticed that an update borked the PHP config last week, making everything horribly slow.

But it seems fine for me at th emoment.
Why did you update PHP? Of course, to stay-up-to-date on security patches. But now look what's happened. This site has been getting buggier for a while. For example when I return to a thread I'm scrolled down to the very bottom and have to manually find the last post I read. This is documented and affects many users. Basic forum functionality is broken. But at least we're on the latest version of PHP. Woo hoo! #LosingThePlot

Ich will kein arschloch sein, das ist einfach meine meinung.

Why did you update PHP? Of course, to stay-up-to-date on security patches. But now look what's happened. This site has been getting buggier for a while. For example when I return to a thread I'm scrolled down to the very bottom and have to manually find the last post I read. This is documented and affects many users. Basic forum functionality is broken. But at least we're on the latest version of PHP. Woo hoo! #LosingThePlot
Because we don't want to have any security holes in there. This could also been caused by forum updates.
For me, the system still shows the last post I've read when I click on the thread....?

I didn't find anything that's broken yet, but is there a thread where people reported these issues?

Back