Tilematch Updated

codeninja posted on Dec 6 2005 at 06:41 AM said:
Now I'm going into your design, so I feel a little ackward, but here is my idea that you may consider.
Don't feel awkward. Suggestions are welcome... :)

codeninja posted on Dec 6 2005 at 06:41 AM said:
When blocks, or animals disappear, you can lenghen the animation a bit and let the player move the blocks while it's still animating like Meteos for DS or Puzzle League for DS/N64. IMO, that will make the whole pacing faster and more exciting. Just a thought. :)
I know what you mean. But the way I've programmed it makes a bit difficult to do that changes now. In other words, it'll take too much time, and now I have other priorities, like adding sound. Maybe after that...

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm surprised no one is grabbing version 3.

[Edit] someone please get it from gpain.com

L+R - exit game
saving score fixed.

Actually, the control is very much improved so that it feels way smoother. Only issue I have in terms of control now is that occationally if I switch direction or go from neutral to a direction, the game doesn't register the input. One more thing I noticed is that after I finished a game, the game showed gameover screen. A few seconds later, it took my initials. It would be great if the game makes sure there is no controller input first and start taking input so that even if I happen to hold down a button, the game won't just skip initial entry screen and jump to the score list screen.

Little problems aside, this game is becoming my favorite GP2x game at the time. I may even call it Lumines for GP2x if you know what I mean. :)

Ravnos posted on Dec 8 2005 at 11:24 PM said:
Is there music in the game now? Did the SDL_mixer problems get sorted out?
No, unfortunately...at this point, some cute sound effect will definitely make the game better.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back