Time For A Comparison....

I have a SE P900 156mhz and have tried various emulators on this phone, SMSplus (Sega master System) being one of them and have to say that the controls are a joke to say the least. I know the emulator was originally programmed for the P800, But using the phones scroll wheel to control your characters left and right movement is impossible to say the least. As for movies forget it, It come nowhere near to the quality that the GP32 offers, And thats trying numorus setting and options. The speed just isn't there.

I also have an Asus A620 400mhz ppc and the emulators on that are not that much better except a "little" faster. ;) . Sound on these is terrable sometimes as it seems as though these pocketpc's have limited sound channels.

Just my 2p.

Trooper

Ohhh, that's a comment i'm happy about, heh, someone finally had a direct experience. Well, mobile phones discarded and pda's discarded, and almost psp too, LOL. We have just to await for a MASSIVE world distribution of our beloved korean console, so more DEV's get involved. I still hope on that euro release....

Tobriand posted on May 9 2004 at 02:03 PM said:
Though until someone finds a game that has an exploit in it that allows loading of a file from a memory stick and executing of it, that probably won't help all that much.

Unless Sony decide not to be wossnames and embrace homebrew. But I doubt they'd do that.
It is very likely that Sony only wants code running on the PSP that you have to buy from them. They also have those "retro" paks like Midway, Intellivision etc on PS2 and will likely have those on PSP too. So do you really think they want someone making a free emu that will do the same thing that they sell? Me thinks no.

I have said this many times on PSP emu topics but will say it again. Even if you find a way to load code through a memory stick (unlikely) it will not run because like other consoles everything MUST be encrypted to run on it. Most likely you would need to modify the hardware to do that. That is not so big a deal on something as big as an Xbox but will most likely be a real pain on a miniature device like a PSP. What will you do take the PSP to a watchmaker to Mod it? So basically don't count on PSP emus, bet against it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back