Timeline From Today

Status
Not open for further replies.

grobi

Still Fresh
I understand that the developers are busy in finishing the product and work on the contracts with the producers of the components and maybe with the assembling company.

I don't yet understand at what stage the pandora production process is, and from what I read in the different threads, I'm not alone with this confusion.

I read that there are 600+ displays ready and that this is the only bottleneck to finish the first batch. This would mean that there should exist at least one completely assembled pandora right now, I just cannot believe that any of the developers can just sit there and watch the big bags with the components in them and think "hey, if only I had enough time I could just take out one of each component and build the first pandora here and now myself. But cross-compiling the tool chain is so much more fun, so I leave the boring part to the assembling company."

Please tell me: what hinders them to do exactly that and then (pleeeease!) take a picture of it.

grobi

Please see here for the current Pandora status update.

As for why they can't assemble the units themselves, nobody has a BGA workstation in there bedroom, so they have to send the boards to the assembling company (plus pictures of the final boards have already been posted on the blog and there's a picture here which is linked to from this forum).

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back