Tiny Minecraft clone to try with Qemu ?

Flamewars a brewing...

And Mindcraft is dull as hell.

T. 

Last edited by a moderator:

Go out and play within your sandbox.

No need for a sandbox game on Pandora :p .

Seems like everyone is minecraft crazy.

I've watched some guy playing it and it was pretty boring.

Didn't you notice we have Freespace and Jedi Knight (soon) on the Pandora?
I'd rather have Minecraft than some dull as dishwater StarWars rip-off :p

D.
hahahahaha. 

Banana-Sticker-002.jpg

Go out and play within your sandbox.

No need for a sandbox game on Pandora :p .

Seems like everyone is minecraft crazy.

I've watched some guy playing it and it was pretty boring.

Didn't you notice we have Freespace and Jedi Knight (soon) on the Pandora?
I'd rather have Minecraft than some dull as dishwater StarWars rip-off :p

D.
If I wouldn't despise the like button I would have actually liked that post

I guess the survival mode of Minecraft might be okay, but the free construction side, we already have BBQ and MineTest; and these "clones" only ever seem to be the free construction side.

Why can't we see an interesting new game? Keep the block world, but add some proper mechanics. Sandboxes get boring without objectives

Sandboxes get boring without objectives
I can see someone that has no imagination! How did Lego work out for you, btw?

D.
Actually, I love Lego; I could sink many more hours into that than I could into the Minecraft-esque world builders. I'm not sure why there's such a difference though.I do get your point however...

D.
Actually, I love Lego; I could sink many more hours into that than I could into the Minecraft-esque world builders. I'm not sure why there's such a difference though.I do get your point however...
Having thought about it a bit more, I think probably the difference is that Lego is faster - you can put bricks down more easily and you can move them around without having to erase them and start again.

Minecraft is ace though :)

D.

True, you also have access to all sorts of shapes in Lego - especially if you mix in some Technic. Though I'm actually finding it really hard to find any sets that I want, generally Lego Creator ones, they seem to be discontinuing them in favour of highly-specific themed sets (Star Wars, Hobbit, Marvel etc.)

Anyway, back to Minecraft (although I suppose that's still kind of off-topic)

I would like to give the survival mode of Minecraft a go, but I have no intentions of paying £18 for it... Plus I bought the last couple of indie bundles and haven't even looked at what games were in them, never mind downloaded them and tried them...

D.
Actually, I love Lego; I could sink many more hours into that than I could into the Minecraft-esque world builders. I'm not sure why there's such a difference though.
I do get your point however...
Having thought about it a bit more, I think probably the difference is that Lego is faster - you can put bricks down more easily and you can move them around without having to erase them and start again.

Minecraft is ace though :)

D.
Imagine combining best of boths worlds...

Interesting. He uses the good old mode 0x13 I used with DOS, too.

But I have no idea, why he had the idea (which he discard fortunately) to use 3 bits for red, 2 for green and 3 for blue. If you look at the default 16 Bit mapping (5-6-5) green gets even more bits than red and blue, so maybe with 3-3-2 his basic idea had worked...

However, nice project, even if I don't know, why you are so enthusiastic about it: Instead of using OpenGL, which you need to emulate or encapsulate (with GL ES) in QEMU, he uses a software renderer (like I wrote one :D ) - so you have now not even the possibility to speed things up with the graphic chip of the pandora...

Isn't there any other open minecraft clone to port for the pandora, that you need such a bunch of layers to destroy cubic dirt?

Interesting. He uses the good old mode 0x13 I used with DOS, too.

But I have no idea, why he had the idea (which he discard fortunately) to use 3 bits for red, 2 for green and 3 for blue. If you look at the default 16 Bit mapping (5-6-5) green gets even more bits than red and blue, so maybe with 3-3-2 his basic idea had worked...
Green should get the most, as our eyes are most sensitive to different shades of green, followed by red and then blue - The ULA+ 64 colour mode of the Sinclair Spectrum uses 3-3-2 with only a couple of bits for blue. You can't get some shades of grey, but it hardly matters - Our eyes are very poor at differentiating between shades of blue.

D.

I loved Lego as a kid so I love Minecraft now as an adult. :D Minecraft is not boring as long as you have imagination, and creativity in your mind. Here, my current home in our MC Survival world:

http://mc.ganicor.de:8080/?worldname=world&mapname=surface&zoom=6&x=271.46801720681333&y=64&z=-269.3802820532472

build without cheating, just borrowed some of the blocks from others. Has some nice and mean traps and security installations plus alot of other stuff. ^^

Pandora could need a propper Minecraft Version, I guess the official Mobile Minecraft already runs on Android but a dedicated version would be better of course. Like the XPeria Play version that has real controlls or the free Raspberry PI Version (is these already ported?).

Last edited by a moderator:
Is there a way to play 3rd Person minecraft?

I hate everything that's First person.

If there is a 3rd Person Mode I'd also like it.

Back