Tmgp Suggestion And Bug

GA01

Website
Visit site
Suggestion:
I think it would be a good idea to have the top score displayed within the game while playing. It's nice that the top score is displayed before you start each game but to see your score within the game (getting closer) would be cool B).

Bug:
While playing one of the MG's, the screen spilt in two with the right side appearing over on the left. Seemed to correct itself when you exit the MG and then select another MG. Anyone noticed this? Happened a couple of times.

:)

You could have pm`ed me or used the suggestions/bugs thread in general talk. But I won`t complain! :D

I`m thankful for everything :)

Okay hmm, about the topscore displayed ingame: the minigames I already made all (except Minislug) have "special" places for the score on screen, and the backgrounds are fitted to these displaying values, so if I place another score in there, it wouldn`t really fit.

But I`m gonna see if I can add a pause screen to the minigames, on which I will let the scores display.
About the splitscreen bug: I think that is a common problem in some gp32 homebrews and so is it with the fenix port. I can`t do nothing about it.
The only reason it switches back to normal, I think, is because minigames run in 8bit mode and the menu in 16bit. So, if you switch back to menu, the screen gets initialized anew, which also gets rid of the splitbug.

Thanks!

I believe most of the coders know the solution to the split screen bug... maybe someone could email chui with it?

Unfortunately Chui is no longer working on Fenix. He's too busy working with Fox on the Amiga emulator for Dreamcast.

The split screen bug is quite well known, but I thought it had to do with mr mirko's sdk and not with the sdl libraries, but now I doubt it. As far as i know, in Fenix there doesnt seem to be other solution than reseting the video mode.

If you're a coder why dont you try emailing him yourself? Im sure he wont have any problem with giving you the source code.

Goity`s a Fenix coder, I doubt he (or me either) can do anything good with the source... :(

EDIT: namechange :D

Back