To ED: any news about the "turn it on by itself" Pandora?

Does your Pandora turn it on by itself?

• Never

Votes: 19 82.6%
  • Randomly very often

Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Rarely but it happens

Votes: 1 4.3%

• Total voters

scaramouche

Website
www.mondomorbo.net
Hello ED:

How are you?

I sent you my Pandora due to a TURN IT ON ITSELF issue. (the Pandora will turn it on by itself , alone and you will find the battery full empty several times until discover this is happening). As long other people got the same problem (there is a topic asking for this problem), i think it was a good idea to find the real fix . Were you able to find the problem?

Is soft related? Hardware? I count at least 10 units reported on the forums with the same problem. Hope you can find the fix and keep me update :)

Regards

Scaramouche

I had this problem when I received my Pandora in February. I was able to fix it by properly placing the battery (using folded papers on empty rooms etc...) The problem never happened again.

So I can conclude that this issue is hardware related.

I have only seen ONE unit that didn't want to switch off so far, it usually could easily be fixed with padding the battery.

I don't know myself when I work on your unit... when I find time, I grab the next units and fix them one-by-one.

I had this problem when I received my Pandora in February. I was able to fix it by properly placing the battery (using folded papers on empty rooms etc...) The problem never happened again.

So I can conclude that this issue is hardware related.

ED: keep in mind the following.. i was testing several things during 2 weeks before send it to you:

1- Paper pieces on all possible places on the unit.

2- Other padded materials like sticky ribbon to fix the battery to the battery cover.

3- Flashing

4- Downgrading to a previous hot fix.

5- Move and shake the Pandora with the battery without any kind of paper inside battery compartment .. and the Pandora don´t turn on.

6- Put the battery on the Pandora without cover and try left-right movements to see if it turns on. Can´t see the battery moving make the Pandora turn on itself.

7- I used 2 different batteries on this unit. Same problem. So not battery related.

8- I used the same batteries in another Pandora: no problem. So not battery related.

So , the turn on in this unit is full random. Not related on how much you move it. I suppose in some units a small change of voltage is happening from the battery that make the unit turn on itself.

What happen is the Pandora acts like if you plug the AC adapter on it: it turns on itself. Sometimes it takes minutes, sometimes hours . But it will happen. The more common time is before 1 hour after you turn it off.

As long i see a topic with different people with same problem, i decided to send it to you instead for asking for a replacement unit (it happen on another unit i get very soon after i got it) because i really want you take a look on this specific issue. I believe this may help the full project , i mean we are not talking about a "common problem" but it happen enough to consider it as something going wrong in some units.

What makes the Pandora turn it on wen you plug the AC? Well i think the same thing make some Pandoras turn it on by itself wen you don´t plug the AC charger.

Regards

Scaramouche

P.S. "It´s alive" is not TRON´s emblematic phrase. Tron´s emblematic phrase is "I fight for the users!" (like E.D. LOL) . You are missing movies. "It´s alive!" is an emblematic phrase from Frankenstein , not from TRON.

Yes you are right,everytime i insert the ac adaptor socket to the pandora it keeps on coming on itself,that happens every single,it's crazy.

Is there any fix for this.

Yes you are right,everytime i insert the ac adaptor socket to the pandora it keeps on coming on itself,that happens every single,it's crazy.

Is there any fix for this.
No, because this is normal behaviour. It's how the chipset works.

Most electronics do this. However, many of them have a minimal "charging mode" implemented, so that you can't really tell that they are in fact on - the Pandora doesn't have this yet.

I would imagine that it's something that they want to add, but I would also assume that it's something that requires more resources than might currently be available. Give it time. ;)

the thing can overclock to 1.3ghz, its easily worth more than $300

Back