Tomb Raider?

CloverGruff

Still Fresh
Hello! I've been trying to make the original Tomb Raider games for PlayStation to work under PSX4All 2.2, but with no luck so far.
I've tried a lot of different settings, but most of the time the games wouldn't load at all, the first and second one seems to work fine until you start a new game, which is a bit disappointing, since TR ( at least the first one ) might actually work with decent framerate.

So my question is, has anyone tried it? And if so, any success? I'd love to see these games work on the caanoo.
It could be possible that these games simply don't work with the current version of PSX4All, but who knows when the next release is going to happen, if at all in the first place.

Sadly none of the Tomb Raider games seem to work when I've tried them, although there is a playable demo for Tomb Raider 1 on the 'Power Source' demo disc (released for The Prince's Trust) which does work.

They didn't work for me either.

The Tomb Raider game for Gameboy Advance works with gpsp though.

Advan said:
Sadly none of the Tomb Raider games seem to work when I've tried them, although there is a playable demo for Tomb Raider 1 on the 'Power Source' demo disc (released for The Prince's Trust) which does work.
Hmm, interesting, I'll defenately try that out. Maybe it has something to with the FMV's?
Perhaps a ripped version could work.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm 99% sure the versions I tried had the FMVs ripped out, so I don't think that's it.

CloverGruff said:
Advan said:
Hmm, interesting, I'll defenately try that out. Maybe it has something to with the FMV's?
Perhaps a ripped version could work.

Last edited by a moderator:
Very interesting, it seems like the Demo disc version does actually work quite well!
Although, obviously the problem is... it's the demo. Now if only the next version of psx4all would arrive soon with better framerate and more compatible games, including the TR ones. The framerate is kind of alright with interlance on and such, but it's always kind of slower than usual, which is a problem since the original TR games, at least the first one, has a quite slow gameplay to begin with.

Back