Tomes Of Mephistopheles

monstercameron

Website
www.thinkteletronics.com
I found this game recently after reading a phoronix article. I bought it on desura and it's in open alpha devso I think i should give it a shout out.
here is there website.... Plus buy it know and might be able to sway the design by leaving feedback with the developers.
you can also check out my overview here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm. Looks interesting. I think I saw something about this on Rockpapershotgun. Guess I'll buy into the alpha next time I fire up the hateful Desura client.

Looks similar to Legend of Grimrock, which should be coming out in the next few months. http://www.grimrock.net/

Just downloaded it - damn, those sekllingtons are spry. Not 100% sure about the sword combat but I guess it's early days. Is there a nuance to the sword I'm missing? For me it's , press mouse button, slight delay, swing - no alternative swings or ways to angle the stroke.

Still, interesting idea - sort of Nethack meets Gauntlet.

monstercameron said:
multiplayer with dedicated servers added...let me know if you want some time on ma server

I don't think there's enough game there to justify it yet. The designers need a OMG moment to figure out what to do with the dungeon-generation and wall blasting to make it into a game people want to come back to. As it is, I just don't feel the urge. Combat like Die By The Sword would help.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Die_by_the_Sword

Right now I kill stuff by running backwards through narrow spaces, spamming fireball - which is something you almost never see action heroes do.

I don't think there's enough game there to justify it yet.
while I do agree with that sentiment, the point has been sidestepped. The point is that the devs are seeking funding to complete the game(I think thats a catch 22). Thats why I post these links here, so that we can help them help us(by finishing the game). Plus if you buy the game now, you will receive free updates. As for combat, I really wish they had combat like the mount & blade series and zombies!

monstercameron said:
I don't think there's enough game there to justify it yet.
while I do agree with that sentiment, the point has been sidestepped. The point is that the devs are seeking funding to complete the game(I think thats a catch 22). Thats why I post these links here, so that we can help them help us(by finishing the game). Plus if you buy the game now, you will receive free updates. As for combat, I really wish they had combat like the mount & blade series and zombies!

Haven't tested the latest update, but FINALLY world saving.

Back