Took The Plunge And Preordered The Wiz

stonestn

Still Fresh
Website
Visit site
Decided today was the day to preorder the wiz been thinking on a gp2x device since the f200 was new but decided to keep emulating on my gba went through a slew of bad flashcards for along time after my trusty 3 year old flashcard died and today the gba screen burned out so I was like what the heck as long as it doesn't become vaporware and if it does credit card reversal fun time in 2 months so hopefully Ill be in gp2x goodness sometime in 2009 hopefully in march when the preorders are supposed to ship but knows it has been pushed to 09 from 08 so not holding my breath as long as it releases in 09 Ill be happy.

The Wiz is a wicked little handheld, so don't sweat it.

As a community, we are lucky to have a couple awesome machines coming out soon. Good times!

jeff

skeezix said:

As a community, we are lucky to have a couple awesome machines coming out soon. Good times!

jeff
Good call Jeff! In the midst of the bias that can occur with this and the Pandora, it is vital to remember that a year from now making a bad choice in terms of an emulator handheld will be difficult. Both are impressive progressions on current options.

Last edited by a moderator:
midget35 said:
skeezix said:

jeff
Good call Jeff! In the midst of the bias that can occur with this and the Pandora, it is vital to remember that a year from now making a bad choice in terms of an emulator handheld will be difficult. Both are impressive progressions on current options.

But we have to remember it's too different markets, The WiZ is dinky and cheap, with more of a bias to games, where as the Pandora is big and pricey. I think they could live side by side!

As long as it has a decent build quality small size is good fits into a pocket etc goes everywhere with you.Hopefully the screen is scratch resistant that has besides it becoming vaporware has been my only worry with the preorder.

stonestn said:
As long as it has a decent build quality small size is good fits into a pocket etc goes everywhere with you.Hopefully the screen is scratch resistant that has besides it becoming vaporware has been my only worry with the preorder.
It is of very good quality in the construction. Vastly superior to the GP2X, and from what I can tell, on a par with the GBA (everything feels very sturdy, it doesn't feel cheap and things fit together nicely). The size is good and I seriously doubt that it will become vaporware given that they actually have many completed pieces of hardware ;).

Back