Top-Down limited FOV

kuru

Laptop und Trachtenjanker
Can you think of any games that have a top-down perspective on the player character and limited field of view? Imagine Link in the SNES adventure exploring a dark dungeon using the lantern but with a longer range of vision. I can only come up with this kind of "flashlight level" that may be part of one or the other game.

Alternatively a top down view where the character is always positioned with his back to one of the borders of the camera, so the players can't see what is behind them - are there any games that do this?

Edit: Ah, posted this in the dev section, not intended. Mods please move if appropriate.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh, a new game even! That's pretty much exactly what I was thinking of. Very interesting.. thank you!

I hadn't thought of it in years,  but this description immediately brought to mind ZZT.  It had dark levels where you could only see a small area around you.  I remember one particular level that had a combination lock.   it worked by obscuring the workings of the lock itself (which would have made the combination obvious) in the  darkness.

- Neelix

Back