Topic Reply Notifications

slygamer

Website
Visit site
With each Topic Reply Notification email sent out, there is this block of text:
There may be more replies to this topic, but only 1 email is sent per board visit for each subscribed topic. This is
to limit the amount of mail that is sent to your inbox.
It lies. I get one email for every reply to a subscribed topic since I was last on the boards. For example, in the last three hours there has been seven replies to the "Hw Accelerated Sdl" thread, and I got seven emails.

Can this bug be fixed so it does what the email says and limits the amount of mail sent to my inbox?

With each Topic Reply Notification email sent out, there is this block of text:
There may be more replies to this topic, but only 1 email is sent per board visit for each subscribed topic. This is
to limit the amount of mail that is sent to your inbox.
It lies. I get one email for every reply to a subscribed topic since I was last on the boards. For example, in the last three hours there has been seven replies to the "Hw Accelerated Sdl" thread, and I got seven emails.

Can this bug be fixed so it does what the email says and limits the amount of mail sent to my inbox?
i have this too, and I would also really like it to be fixed :).

Last edited by a moderator:
The Topic Reply notification thing has caused a world of problems, from not delivering emails to delivering too many of them. Maybe it would be best if the feature was disabled entirely.

Back