Toronto, Tuesday, Pubgrub And Pandora

relliker said:
I know ED's already explained this but I had just posted to the unofficial blog and thought a repeat here would'nt do any harm so....

Regarding the double-tap issue, I'm using xfce on an openmoko freerunner phone and xfce has a setting concerning double-tap which is the acceptable radius (in number of pixels) that the second tap must fall into to actually be considered a second tap so this is definitely configurable. Also, the interval between taps is something that you can also configure, ex. the second tap has to come no longer than 250ms after the first one to be considered as a second tap, otherwise it is considered as another first tap. I hope this explanation puts some more concerns to rest (unless it was explained so badly as to cause more confusion :p )

Offhand, where's this setting?

jeff

Last edited by a moderator:
skeezix said:
relliker said:
I know ED's already explained this but I had just posted to the unofficial blog and thought a repeat here would'nt do any harm so....

Regarding the double-tap issue, I'm using xfce on an openmoko freerunner phone and xfce has a setting concerning double-tap which is the acceptable radius (in number of pixels) that the second tap must fall into to actually be considered a second tap so this is definitely configurable. Also, the interval between taps is something that you can also configure, ex. the second tap has to come no longer than 250ms after the first one to be considered as a second tap, otherwise it is considered as another first tap. I hope this explanation puts some more concerns to rest (unless it was explained so badly as to cause more confusion :p )

jeff

Jeff, Ed mentioned it here and in a couple of other topics.

Trooper

skeezix said:
relliker said:

jeff

It is under XFCE Menu ---> Settings ---> Mouse ---> Behaviour tab. Obviously since its a touchscreen here you will be changing the stylus settings :)

xfce.jpg

EDIT:

Drag and drop is the time interval for xfce to realise that a drag/drop operation should start (point and hold).

Double click is the time interval until a second click is valid as such.

Distance is the maximum number of pixels the stylus can stray to still have a valid second click.

Attachments

• xfce.jpg
    xfce.jpg
    170.3 KB · Views: 103
Sweet, cool; add this note to the "user made user guide" in the pandorawiki? We should start collecting up handy tidbits :)

I need to write up a 'minimenu tips and tricks' thing too one of these days.

jeff

skeezix said:
add this note to the "user made user guide" in the pandorawiki?

Done! As a sub-entry of Screen Calibration. Mouse (stylus,pointer) settings.

Back