Touch screens are rubbish for playing games

It's a good thing the Pandora has a clamshell design for protection, eh?

I believe they make some sort of glue material that fills in scratches.

Alright though, I don't want flamewars. We all have preferences.
It's not a flamewar untill you start calling people names and attacking the credibility of their opinion. I push back pretty hard when people tell me my opinion for liking something is wrong though. I believe you are entitled to yours as much as I'm entitled to mine.

I don't think the clamshell will matter, if any physical part of the pandora rests near the screen all it takes is a peice of sand to destroy the screen. I have seen laptops succumb to that fate and they are clamshell.

can you link to that material? I have yet to find anything that will fill in scratches in a clear material. I know of clear coat for cars but that would look horrific on a touch screen display. I have never heard of such a thing, especially for the material on a resistive touch screen.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's not a flamewar untill you start calling people names and attacking the credibility of their opinion. I push back pretty hard when people tell me my opinion for liking something is wrong though. I believe you are entitled to yours as much as I'm entitled to mine.

I don't think the clamshell will matter, if any physical part of the pandora rests near the screen all it takes is a peice of sand to destroy the screen. I have seen laptops succumb to that fate and they are clamshell.

can you link to that material? I have yet to find anything that will fill in scratches in a clear material. I know of clear coat for cars but that would look horrific on a touch screen display. I have never heard of such a thing, especially for the material on a resistive touch screen.
Well, I didn't quite know that much about it, but wouldn't a CD scratch removal kit work?

Well, I didn't quite know that much about it, but wouldn't a CD scratch removal kit work?
so I went out over the weekend and bought one of those kits from the local store and tried it on one of my old winmo phones... it left a milky white haze on my screen, I tried to rub it in, and it didn't do much of anything for the diagonal gouge across the screen, I continued to work it in hoping it would some how "sand" down the scratch, it didn't do much of anything, it came with a finishing solution so after about 15-20 min of trying to work in the paste and allowing it to sit till dry I then used that to clean off the screen, now while much cleaner and more "vibrant" the scratch is still there and visible as ever, although I got a nice rainbow hue to it now though and the screen generally looks polished. I didn't expect it to work, but just wanted to let you know I tried and it's not worth the effort.

anyway, wanted to tell you that, and that I saw these, like I said before I don't wear gloves, but these don't look that bad if touchscreen in gloves is a showstopper.

http://gizmodo.com/5719075/these-simple-conductive-pins-make-any-winter-gloves-touchscreen+friendly

so I went out over the weekend and bought one of those kits from the local store and tried it on one of my old winmo phones... it left a milky white haze on my screen, I tried to rub it in, and it didn't do much of anything for the diagonal gouge across the screen, I continued to work it in hoping it would some how "sand" down the scratch, it didn't do much of anything, it came with a finishing solution so after about 15-20 min of trying to work in the paste and allowing it to sit till dry I then used that to clean off the screen, now while much cleaner and more "vibrant" the scratch is still there and visible as ever, although I got a nice rainbow hue to it now though and the screen generally looks polished. I didn't expect it to work, but just wanted to let you know I tried and it's not worth the effort.

anyway, wanted to tell you that, and that I saw these, like I said before I don't wear gloves, but these don't look that bad if touchscreen in gloves is a showstopper.

http://gizmodo.com/5719075/these-simple-conductive-pins-make-any-winter-gloves-touchscreen+friendly
One thing that I found worked well on my old iPod, like before they had color screens, was Brasso. I don't know how it works on glass but on plastic it seems to melt the very very top film of the plastic, I think melt, it smells like crap, and that buffs the scratches out. Even on deep ones it makes them smooth in the scratch, another reason I think it melts it, so you'll notice a waviness to it but only if you're looking for it. I've never used it on anything but my iPod so many years ago but it worked, I'd try it in a corner to see what it does before I'd do the middle.

Oh, and apply it with a soft cloth, not what they recommend on the can, those instructions are for metal.

Have been playing Slice It! and Angry Birds on my son's Galaxy S. These are good and I think would suck without touch screen.

It has it's place.

Yes, but so do gaming controls. That's what I like about the Pandora (and Nintendo DS); it successfully manages to make the two co-exist in peace.

Oh. I... I'm sorry. :(

Back