Touchscreen/Pointer Problems

Treguard

Still Fresh
Hello all. After getting to play with the Pandora at Replay in November, I managed to get a unit of my very own on ebay over Christmas. I've been playing about with it for a few weeks, but I've got what seems to be a related pair of problems, I was wondering if anyone can help.

Firstly, my touchscreen seems to be suffering from the calibration problems mentioned in other threads, where it's about 5mm out from where it should be. I've tried recalibrating, but it hasn't helped and at some part of the screen I seem to have to jab forever to get it to respond while calibrating.

Also, my pointer seems inexplicably drawn to the top left of the screen. This is annoying, and for some reason makes PC Engine games in HuGo unplayable as my character always moves towards it for some reason.

Any advice or solutions would be appreciated.

Check under the plastic around the edge of the screen for any bit of dust or dirt that may be pressing down on the screen. That may not be the issue in this case, but others have had calibration issues which was nothing more than a grain of sand stuck to the bezel.

also check that the case "clippings" are in place and aren't outside of their hole, and last but not least, make sure you're on hf7 as touchscreen has been greatly improved on that

Do you have any idea of the age of the unit that you purchased? Your description of the mouse pointer being drawn to a certain spot, and this same issue affecting gameplay in HuGo, makes me wonder if it's an older one which has contracted Lethal Nub Death. (The first lot of analogue nubs were duds, and the company responsible for them had to remake the whole lot at their cost.)

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm on HF6, can anyone point me in the direction of HF7? The guy I bought it from said he got it in May last year, he included the original Pandora invoice which is around somewhere, I'll try and dig it out.

EDIT: Found the invoice- one Premium Pandora, 27th May 2011.

Thanks, I'll try and sort this tonight. Is it just a case of putting it on the SD card and booting with the button held down? Also regarding the nubs issue, does May 2011 put me in the danger zone? If it is the nubs, would it still be possible to get it RMA'd for a fee?

Well I tried the hotfix, but unfortunatley it didn't help. The pointer was still dragging off to the left, I think my touchscreens borked, I tried to calibrate it but it won't accept any touches ouside of a 4cm square in the middle of the screen, which has made it worse if anything. RMA time?

Well I tried the hotfix, but unfortunatley it didn't help. The pointer was still dragging off to the left, I think my touchscreens borked, I tried to calibrate it but it won't accept any touches ouside of a 4cm square in the middle of the screen, which has made it worse if anything. RMA time?

Go to settings / nub configuration and switch the nubs to joystick mode (don't forget to click on "Write Nub Settings")

Is the mouse pointer still moving to the top left?

If no, then it seems your left nub is the issue...

Also, you need to restart the Pandora before the nub settings will take effect.

Go to settings / nub configuration and switch the nubs to joystick mode (don't forget to click on "Write Nub Settings")

Is the mouse pointer still moving to the top left?

If no, then it seems your left nub is the issue...

Also, you need to restart the Pandora before the nub settings will take effect.

Hi, just tried that, but it doen't seem to have helped sadly. The nubs weren't working properly before to be honest, and I still can't calibrate the touchscreen, it won't accept any touches anywhere but the middle of the screen. I fit helps with the diagnosis, there isn't any 'give' in the screen in the corners when you touch them with the stylus, like there is in the middle, where it responds to the stylus input.

I've sent a PM for an RMA on Friday. How long does it usually take for a response?

From what I gathered he has a backlog of PM and emails... generally my

with experiance with ED it's about a day or two...

From what I gathered he has a backlog of PM and emails... generally my

with experiance with ED it's about a day or two...

Right now, it's longer... I've got so much work to do, I'm really behind with my mails and PMs :(

Ok, guess I'll just wait for a response. It's a pain because apart from the touchscreen/nubs issue everything else seems ok. I'd just love to have proper mouse support in UAE and be able to configure wireless etc.

Still waiting for a response to my RMA request. I just want to get my Pandora working!

This is weird, but if you've got a problem with moisture in your screen, you'll have pointer drift. So, the solution is to take a hair-dryer, put it on the lowest warm setting, and gently buff your Pandora with warm air for a few minutes. Don't apply it too close to the screen, just give it enough of an air-buffering that things get a bit warmer and the air around the Pandora gets drier, pulling out moisture. I've done this with quite a few resistive touchscreens over the years, and gotten surprisingly good results.

Back