Tragedies strike in 3s...

DarkCheetah

Well, it finally happened. I got two temp related cracks in 3 days last week and now today my lovely lovely pandora is purple screening. She's still so young too. :(

It's still THE BEST tech I've ever bought though. Everyone should have one. EVERYONE!

Time to RMA...

Well, it finally happened. I got two temp related cracks in 3 days last week and now today my lovely lovely pandora is purple screening. She's still so young too. :(

It's still THE BEST tech I've ever bought though. Everyone should have one. EVERYONE!

Time to RMA...
I am sorry for your temporary loss :( How old is she?

Interesting how the purple screening occurred so closely after the cracks.

Could the purple screening be weather related? Are the LCD cables affected that way by the weather?

Last edited:
Could always do it yourself

Yeah. I watched the video for self repair. Couple years ago it would have been easy but my right elbow suffered nerve damage and my right hand isn't steady anymore...can't trust it. Otherwise I'd crack it open like I used to with my PSP and get to it.

Time to RMA...
I am sorry for your temporary loss :( How old is she?

Interesting how the purple screening occurred so closely after the cracks.

Could the purple screening be weather related? Are the LCD cables affected that way by the weather?
She is just 6 months old.

I don't think the PTOD is weather related. I think it is a coincidence that it happened after the cracks. Im pretty positive the cracks are weather related. I doubt I'd suddenly get 2 cracks in 3 days after having her for 6 months. As I stated in another thread, the cracks started to appear after the temp started to dip below 45f.

Back