Transartica

Tidus

Hello :)
I really love this Silmarils game & I really want to play this on the way (which would be marvellous), but does anyone already success to make Transartica run on Castaway?? My version seems to doesn't work :(

& where is the new compatibility list ???
the link shown in the official website point to this:
http://www.phantomtech.info/compatibility/Default.asp
& it's talking about the Genesis emu list ...

btw, I wanted to know if you, skeezix, are still working on this fantastic emu ??? :)
can we dream one day to see the Sensible Software games emuated perfectly ??? ;p & I also noticed some audio troubles in an extremly famous game named "Le manoir de Mortevielle" which make a strange sound instead of the voices ;p

Thanks in any cases for your really great work :)
Count on me as one of your fan ;)

Wow, that's a blast from the past. I loved that game on the Amiga and spent many hours tracking down mamoths and conquering the frozen wastes. Didn't even know it came out for the ST.

super_furry posted on Jul 19 2004 at 04:46 PM said:
Wow at that's a blast from the past. I loved that game on the Amiga and spent many hours tracking down mamoths and conquering the frozen wastes. Didn't even know it came out for the ST.
Yeah ;p it was exactly the same for me - btw I still got it for Amiga :) this game took a part of my life :rolleyes: it's really great & I think that on GP32 it would be sooooo fantastic ;) so I wish you'll try it on Castaway to tell me if yes or no it definitly cannot work ;p thanks alot if u do that :)

Silmarils have released their "big games" on Amiga - Atari St during the "great period" of these machines... Their games were really great and for the fans of RPG I recommand the Ishar series (which doesn't work on CastawayGP... it start up & suddenly die :( maybe again my pb...) , which find its best version on the Atari Falcon ;)

& finaly Robinson Requiem that I highly recommand (but it's really too hard to survive lol !)

maybe the Silmarils games got the same "malediction" than the Sensible Software ones & can't work fine on Castaway for some unknown mysterious reasons :( saddly for me ...

Last edited by a moderator:
Much of CaSTaway is a port from a Pocket PC and PC emu put together, with some other goodies tossed in from some of my other work; I still work on CaSTaway, but I've not had a lot of time the last while :/ Sensi Software is especially bad.. they do some goofy/evil stuff in their games up front, which requires a pretty solid emulation in order to go; CaSTaway is not so accurate an emu, but made in the name of speed and portability.. so Sensi breaks on it. I need to do assembly dumps of the games and fgigure out what theyr'e doing.. but thats a lot of work, and I have little time for awhile. (Working 100 hours a week pretty much right now :/)

Mortville may be playable under the alternate CaSTaway versions; I forget if the last release had multiples, but the second last release should've had two binaries.. a normal one, and one that wasbetter with samples but worse with YM audio. That second version woudl be better for Mortville, but worse for other things. I never played the game, since its in Frnech if I recall right :)

jeff

skeezix posted on Jul 19 2004 at 07:20 PM said:
Much of CaSTaway is a port from a Pocket PC and PC emu put together, with some other goodies tossed in from some of my other work; I still work on CaSTaway, but I've not had a lot of time the last while :/ Sensi Software is especially bad.. they do some goofy/evil stuff in their games up front, which requires a pretty solid emulation in order to go; CaSTaway is not so accurate an emu, but made in the name of speed and portability.. so Sensi breaks on it. I need to do assembly dumps of the games and fgigure out what theyr'e doing.. but thats a lot of work, and I have little time for awhile. (Working 100 hours a week pretty much right now :/)

Mortville may be playable under the alternate CaSTaway versions; I forget if the last release had multiples, but the second last release should've had two binaries.. a normal one, and one that wasbetter with samples but worse with YM audio. That second version woudl be better for Mortville, but worse for other things. I never played the game, since its in Frnech if I recall right :)

jeff
Hello Jeff :)

First of all a big big big thank you to have answered me :)
I'm really extremly happy (& I'm sure I'm not the only one ;p) to know that you're still working on CaSTaway :) Don't worry & take your time, I think everyone can understand that you need to work too :)
I never thought that the sensible games were so hardly "codded", but it's really sooo great to know that you got an idea about how to find the problem & solve it later ;) I think this work worth coz it would add the best Soccer game (with the Chattboard to type in our own special teams .... hummm Yummy!!! ;p) to the long list of perfect Atari ST games which work already now on our GP32 thanks to you :) so I'll wait with pleasure that you find the key to make Sensible Software games run ;p

Concerning "Manoir de Mortevielle" I'll use the alternative version of your last-last release (in theory the last one don't got) & keep you informed if it work better (coz it's really still awesome to got sooooo much spoken voice in one so little game on one floppy! pfff still wonder how can Lankor guys success this trick :blink: ) :) I confirm you that's only in French unfortunatly (btw I'm French so it helps abit to understand lol) ;p

thanks again million times & continue your so great work :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi :)

got news about Transartica on CaSTaway :p it's working on the 1.32+ version finaly ;p the 1.33 unfortunatly doesn't work at all with it :(
but it's not yet totaly perfect & playable coz the bottom part of the screen (which is super important) is always blinking strangely (not regular blink & it appears even if we change the clock speed) ...

The 1.32+ version gave me also better results with Sound problems in "Manoir de Mortevielle", and now we can near understand their voice if I clock the emu under 132 Mhz ;p if not it's really still too fast but less "noisy" ;p so it's better & near playable :)

But it's quite sad that we lose the possibility of using Chatboard... Mine is on the way now & I would love to use it with "CaSTaway +" which got, maybe, a better compatibility with games I usually play ;) So if it's not horrible, or complicated, or too long, or impossible, can you, Skeezix, please make a 1.33+ version which would be basicaly the same than 1.32+ with Chatboard support :rolleyes: Or the contrary, the 1.33 with "+" support lol ;p
but of course once again I can wait for this :)

Oh and I got also a news about Sensible Soccer ^^ héhé ... While I were trying many version, it appear that one success to go more far than ever in the game ;p
Yeah in fact it's working totaly fine.... but ONLY in demo mode!!! Ok let me explain you... I run the game & touch nothing until the screen appear, then I can use the keyboard as I want coz I press space & then I choose my language... after a little while a random friendly match will be play Cpu vs Cpu mode & I can watch it ... if I want to stop I can press "Esc" key on virtual keyboard & I come back to menu... but If I use any of one of the Joystick input, at ANY moment, then it's become flashy & die lol
but it's really great to see Sensible Soccer in-game running so fine :p honnestly at 166 Mhz it's totaly Full Speed FS0 !!! :)

Btw is it possible to map the arrow keys on the virtual keyboard??? if so then maybe we can already play with a Chatboard to Sensible Soccer ;p

Thanks alot again :)

Back