Trap75 update 1.5 (Jezzball)

Alex.

Retired
Any GP2X fans still out there? :)

Trap75 1.5 was just released, get it from the GP2X archives.

trap75_3.png
trap75_4.png

Trap75 is a game like Jezzball, where you need to cover at least 75% of each level's space without getting your lines hit by the balls. The new things in this version are improved graphics, better balance, boss balls, larger hiscore table, and a confirmation screen when quitting the game.

Alex
http://artraid.com/alex/

Trying it as I type...

oh, variable speed ball...
no more helluva lot o' lives, good... ouch! Yeah, gotta be more careful with lives :p ...
pressing start gives you a pause menu, nice...
whoa! that was close!...
Level 13 and, whack! last live, gone! 76814.

It feels very nice! More challenging and fun.

Are you planning on adding other behaviours to the balls?
Anyway, excellent! Thanks! ^_^

Thanks!

gp2.eXe said:
Are you planning on adding other behaviours to the balls?
Maybe I'll come back to this sometime later on, though now I want to work on new stuff :) I was thinking about ghost balls that go through others without colliding, and large ones that break into two or three normal balls when they hit the player's line. If you have ideas for this let me know :)

Grabbed this before GP32X went down, and I love it to bits. :D

I used to be obsessed with Jezzball. I remember it using wav files for the sounds, so you could just rename and sounds you wanted and drop them in. Simpsons Jezzball never got old. ("D'oh!", "Ha Ha!", bbuuuuuuuuuuurp)

Wow, really? On Open2x on my F-100 they are really loud and had to be lowered to let a bit of the music come through.

I used Audacity to normalize both the sound effects and the music, but somehow they come off at completely different volumes, where the music is a bit silent and the sfx loud. I may just make an option menu where you can pick the loudness % of sfx and music separately.

Back