Trojan On Gmail

DemonStar55

chai chai chai chai chai chai chai chai chai chai
Website
demonstar55.phpnet.us
well I just went to check my email on gmail with firfox and I got this
g-mail_warning.jpg

lol, a trojan virus... i had like 8 of them till i rebooted my pc, so everything was wiped of it, but every time befor that i rebooted my pc i tried to delete the virus it would always come back!!! i was pissed!!! it would sign in msn by itself and send the virus's to every one on my contact list( not many people, :( )

i once heard of a website which completely would delete a virus for free, too bad i cant remember it though :(... my friend used it like a month ago and it worked well he said...

well when i had the viruses on my computer i only had IE, i never had used firefox back then but hey, you can always try...

do you have msn??? if you do, does it sign in by itself or anything mischeivious???

can you check on your antivirus how harmful it is??? if it is a harmful one you may aswell get you hard drive fully formated, because the virus will gradually get worse or you can say more powerful i think within time, more or less i think its like that.... ;)

saintdragon posted on May 10 2005 at 05:05 PM said:
well when i had the viruses on my computer i only had IE, i never had used firefox back then but hey, you can always try...

do you have msn??? if you do, does it sign in by itself or anything mischeivious???

can you check on your antivirus how harmful it is??? if it is a harmful one you may aswell get you hard drive fully formated, because the virus will gradually get worse or you can say more powerful i think within time, more or less i think its like that.... ;)
don't know anything about it google didn't help

I don't have it on my comp because I caught it w/ that program and terminated and quaritened it

and I think I have MSN but it's never open and no that has nthing to do w/ this one I think because the virus is on gmail when I log on

Last edited by a moderator:
ok, i dont think i can help...

did you mean in your post that you deleted it when you said "terminated and quaritened"???

this is all i have to say, hope you computer gets well soon :)

saintdragon posted on May 10 2005 at 05:15 PM said:
ok at i dont think i can help...

did you mean in your post that you deleted it when you said "terminated and quaritened"???

this is all i have to say, hope you computer gets well soon :)
lol my computer is fine

its just when ever I go to log into gmail, gmail trys to put it on my comp but I block that from happening

Actually, it seems that Norton is going a bit over the top here, you'll certainly see the virus if you allow it, but it's not going to run unless you do something silly like actually download & run it. All you have to do is click "archive" and it's gone :)

The virus in the screen shot is actually a batch file, which is text, but needs to be run to do any damage. Since it's text, gmail will display the contents, and it's this contents that triggers Norton. Just don't download the attachment, and you should be fine.

Squidge posted on May 10 2005 at 05:31 PM said:
Actually, it seems that Norton is going a bit over the top here, you'll certainly see the virus if you allow it, but it's not going to run unless you do something silly like actually download & run it. All you have to do is click "archive" and it's gone :)

The virus in the screen shot is actually a batch file, which is text, but needs to be run to do any damage. Since it's text, gmail will display the contents, and it's this contents that triggers Norton. Just don't download the attachment, and you should be fine.
okay I should just hit cancle then and it should work? because terminating it just stops gmail and I cna't log in

Yeah, Norton antivirus has historically been over-zealous about things, and every so often you just need to ignore it :)

Rico posted on May 10 2005 at 05:39 PM said:
Yeah, Norton antivirus has historically been over-zealous about things, and every so often you just need to ignore it :)
it's not Norton its NOD32

thecheat posted on May 11 2005 at 05:08 AM said:
stupid windows fucks.
then again, if more people used macs, moretrojans would be created... OH WAIT, UNIX.
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
Erm, have you ever looked at the security reports for OS X? There's quite a lot of exploits going around. Also, stop trolling.

Back