Trouble Flashing Dingoo

forgeflow

Still Fresh
Seems I accidentally posted this in the wrong forum. OOPS. :( Sorry.

OK, I've been trying to flash my Dingoo to put Dingux on it. I've got the Dingoo in USB mode, have the right drivers installed, tried it on Mac and PC, and I get the same results.

Code:
 C:\Documents and Settings\James\Desktop\dual_boot_installer_20090628>usbtool-win 1 hwinit.bin 0x80000000
 USBtool v0.4 - (C) 2008 Maurus Cuelenaere
 This is free software; see the source for copying conditions.  There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.

[INFO] File size: 4576 bytes
 [INFO] Searching for device...
 [INFO] Found device, uploading application.
 [INFO] GET_CPU_INFO: JZ4740V1
 [INFO] SET_DATA_ADDRESS to 0x80000000... Done!
 [INFO] Sending data... Done!
 [INFO] Verifying data... Done!
 [INFO] Booting device [STAGE1]... Done!

C:\Documents and Settings\James\Desktop\dual_boot_installer_20090628>usbtool-win.exe 1 zImage_dual_boot_installer_ILI9331 0x80600000
 USBtool v0.4 - (C) 2008 Maurus Cuelenaere
 This is free software; see the source for copying conditions.  There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.

[INFO] File size: 3567616 bytes
 [INFO] Searching for device...
 [INFO] Found device, uploading application.
 [INFO] GET_CPU_INFO: JZ4740V1
 [INFO] SET_DATA_ADDRESS to 0x80600000... Done!
 [INFO] Sending data... Done!
 [INFO] Verifying data... Done!
 [INFO] Booting device [STAGE1]... Done!

That's as far as I get. The Dingoo screen never shows the flash script running - stays black. The Dingoo itself is unharmed - boots up just fine. I got this one from ThinkGeek. Perhaps they now have the thing write protected? Anyone else run into this?

I spent a whole evening trying to get this to work.

You are doing this right - there is just one hitch. To get the installer to run on a newer dingoo (like mine and yours) you need to pull the USB cable out at just the right instant once the commands have successfully run. If you get the timing just right the installer screen will start up.

It will work (trust me) I think I finally got it on something like my 24th attempt (more by trial and error - and definitely with a bit of luck).

I just did this over and over pulling the USB from the dingoo when the commands seemed to successfully run from the PC side.

Just try the latest version of the installer, you are using an outdated version, as far as I can see. Latest version can be found here.

Back