Trouble With Dingux And Dmenu

s3rris

Still Fresh
So after much trial and error, I think I finally flashed my Dingoo right with my Mac.

The only problem is, when I hold select and turn on the Dingoo, all I get is the Dingux logo.

How do I get it to boot Dmenu?

Did I do something wrong?

You have to have a miniSD or micro SD card in a miniSD adaptor with linux on it, All you did was set up the boot loader (Dual boot).

Download the Dingux system installation pack

Unzip it to a folder on your computer.

Format your miniSD card as FAT32.

Choose the right kernel image for your LCD model ("zImage-ILI9325" or
"zImage-ILI9331"), rename it as "zImage" and copy it to the root directory
of your miniSD card.

Copy the "rootfs" file also to the root directory of your miniSD card.

Reset the A320 while holding pressed SELECT and you should see
dingux booting.

*Most of the above was copied and pasted from the readme.

Trooper

I must have been doing something wrong all this time.

:) Thanks for you help though. I'll get to it right away.

Ok, I did all that but my Dingoo still just shows the Dingux screen. It doesn't boot to dmenu or anything.

Okay, wait, back up a step S3rris. I'm gonna be in the same place as you in a few, few weeks. So. You formatted a SD card to fat32 on a Mac? How?

Absent said:
Okay, wait, back up a step S3rris. I'm gonna be in the same place as you in a few, few weeks. So. You formatted a SD card to fat32 on a Mac? How?

When I got it, it was already in FAT32. Not to mention with Disk Utility you can make SD cards "MS-DOS" or FAT32.

If I HAVE to have it formatted on a PC that's no biggy. I'm just worried I fucked something up.

And yes, the correct kernal is on the SD card. (that's the zImage thing right?)

Last edited by a moderator:
s3rris said:

Yep, zimage it is, But did you copy the correct one for the LCD in you Dingoo ?.

Trooper

trooper said:
s3rris said:

Yep, zimage it is, But did you copy the correct one for the LCD in you Dingoo ?.

Trooper

Yep. 9331. I even did what the Windoze guide said and renamed it zImage once in the SD card.

Ok, I'm pretty sure I've done EVERYTHING right. I've made sure that the SD card is FAT32 (even tried different ways of formatting it. Once with DiskUtility, that did nothing. Then once again with Terminal. The problem ensues.) and I've made sure that all the correct files are in the SD card.

D: but still, why won't it boot up dmenu? My Dingoo reads the SD card fine so shouldn't it work?

s3rris said:
Ok, I'm pretty sure I've done EVERYTHING right. I've made sure that the SD card is FAT32 (even tried different ways of formatting it. Once with DiskUtility, that did nothing. Then once again with Terminal. The problem ensues.) and I've made sure that all the correct files are in the SD card.

D: but still, why won't it boot up dmenu? My Dingoo reads the SD card fine so shouldn't it work?

Stupid question maybe, but have you already copied the demu files to your card, from previous posts, it sounds like you just installed the rootfs and zimage file, but no other programs.

I went on the dingoo a320 IRC channel and got things sorted out.

It was from flashing my SD card on a Mac, I had to edit some hex code to change it and shit.

But now I can only get the test version of dmenu running.

I've been trying to put LGPT onto my SD card but it keeps telling me the main.cfg can't be read when I put all the LGPT stuff in and then add the dmenu stuff for it to run.

s3rris said:
When I got it, it was already in FAT32. Not to mention with Disk Utility you can make SD cards "MS-DOS" or FAT32.

HA! Didn't know the disk utility could do that. Probably should have read your posts more carefully, since you mentioned it earlier. Still, thanks for the tip. Good luck with your troubles, man. Sorry I can't help.

Back