trusted VPN for Android

Fzero

Advanced Member
Does anyone use a VPN on their Android devices?

I've used Spotflux in the past, and before I just entrust them again, wondered if anyone here has done the research and put their trust into any particular VPN app.

Also, how much access to data do these things actually get?

For example I only used it, and planning to use it again, as a means of getting a certain streaming service from outside my location, taking advantage of the changed IP address.

If I only ever enabled the VPN to launch said streaming app, then made sure only used that app until I disabled the VPN again... Would the VPN also have access to my email for example, even if I didn't send any message whilst connected, but the email service would be running in the background still. I guess they would do.

Yeah I guessed.

I might keep the UK version of app only for the phone then and just not bother using any VPN

Does anyone use a VPN on their Android devices?

I've used Spotflux in the past, and before I just entrust them again, wondered if anyone here has done the research and put their trust into any particular VPN app.

Also, how much access to data do these things actually get?

For example I only used it, and planning to use it again, as a means of getting a certain streaming service from outside my location, taking advantage of the changed IP address.

If I only ever enabled the VPN to launch said streaming app, then made sure only used that app until I disabled the VPN again... Would the VPN also have access to my email for example, even if I didn't send any message whilst connected, but the email service would be running in the background still. I guess they would do.
Host your own if you're such a tin-foil-hat wearer

Even use a VPS in China and rout your traffic through TOR while you're at it because you know the NSA is after you!

I ain't worried about NSA or any American firms clocking me :)

I'm more concerned by a dodgy developer that might be snooping via his app.

Just wondered if any of the VPN on the Android market were well trusted.

Certainly not going to bother looking into how to set up my own though, I only want it to watch a little bit of American Netflix as they still play some old fav shows of mine which aren't on our UK version

I ain't worried about NSA or any American firms clocking me :)

I'm more concerned by a dodgy developer that might be snooping via his app.

Just wondered if any of the VPN on the Android market were well trusted.

Certainly not going to bother looking into how to set up my own though, I only want it to watch a little bit of American Netflix as they still play some old fav shows of mine which aren't on our UK version
Ya but you get BBC iPlayer :p

Thanks I'll look into those f-droid settings.

BBC iPlayer I haven't even installed, I'd still prefer Netflix library :)

Back