Ttd2x (open Transport Tycoon Deluxe) Has Been Updated!

zodttd

Solving your premature emulation since the Tapwave
Website
www.zodttd.com
Hi everyone,

I finally got around to updating my OpenTTD ports. Please come and discuss TTD2X in it's main topic here:
http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?showtopic=37319

Here's the link to TTD2X Build 061907:
http://archive.gp2x.de/cgi-bin/cfiles.cgi?0,0,0,0,29,1097
Updated file URL!

New in this build:
- True 320x240 resolution support. No more scrolling, scaling, and viewports.
- Full music and sound effect support.
- Generally a faster and stable release.
- Button mappings for removing non-vital windows, and shift/control keys.
- Updated the codebase to OpenTTD 0.5 RC5.

Please be sure to read the README.TXT for important information on installation and control layouts.

Remember, this game requires the original Transport Tycoon Deluxe's data files. Preferably the windows version of the data files.
Thanks for playing!

Last edited by a moderator:
Beauuuuuuuttyyy, there's music now! Mmmhmm, now the rest of the day will be occupied by me huddling in a little dark corner enjoying myself with this fine new release of TTD2X..*grin*...muahahhaa.

Anyhow, it's a fine job you did, zodttd!

(Nudge nudge, now how about that work of yours on the DOSBOX :p?)

Heh thanks for the kind comments. :)

No updates on DOSBox yet. I keep getting more work todo to take on the task. Just bad timing I suppose.

I've tried the previous version once but it didn't do it for me. I don't know why, but this version looks more intuitive to me and seems a lot more GP2X suited.
I think this version will win over more people, looks great. Thanks.

Ouch! What a SHAME! Now, now, zodttd, didn't Mommy ever tell you to do one thing at a time?

I'm just kidding with ya, :p. Your a talented coder who drops the occasional gift here and there for us! We ask too much from ya, so don't work TOO hard! It'll be quite a disappointment if one less person drops us the occasional gift :(

In all seriousness, though, I hope everything comes finely for your seemingly endless reservoir projects. In all due time, I suppose!

Heh, thanks mrpham.

b._.o._.b : Glad you think so. My intent for this release was to try to get OpenTTD playable on a QVGA (320x240) screen on a platform without a stylus and still make it feel playable. So happy to see it's finally getting there! :)

I had some crazy ideas for virtual keyboards on the GP2X, but I never implemented any yet. Here's one I designed for BasiliskII. The key selected would be highlighted in red, or whatever. It would also tell you which one is highlighted (although if you're used to typing, you wouldn't need to know).

tinyboardqo9.png

I always found it hard to play this game on my 2x (even though Zod has done a great job of it), but I have to give it another try just to see what this means:
- True 320x240 resolution support. No more scrolling, scaling, and viewports

Heh. I basically am resizing the windows in the game and shoving it all in a single 320x240 resolution screen. Of course PocketPC's with VGA 640x480 touchscreens are where it's at. But I'm now able to play TTD on the GP2X with this release, as others have said, it's a lot better. :p

Also, the SELECT button removes all non-vital windows so you can clear the screen quickly. It also helps if a large window takes up the entire screen and needs to be removed to continue. :p

This is great, a port to the GP2X's native resolution can only be good :)

Thanks, zod!

Seems I have to resize a few more windows, such as the create vehicles one.
Any other windows that are needed to play the game the wrong size for the GP2X?

Yup, there's a nasty bug Zider! Good find. Must of been added to the build at the last moment. I will fix it, only takes a few minutes. Expect a build 062007 in a few. :)

While the TTD2X download page at archive.gp2x.de is updating, please update your TTD2X files to build 062007. It's temporarily at:
http://www.spookysoftsite.com/ttd2x_062007.zip

What's new in build 06-20-07:
- Resized build vehicle windows.

This makes the game playable. :p
Please try playing through the game and feel free to give bug reports, as I'm trying to polish it up a bit more still.

Whoa! Thank you! Its much more playable now!

Is it just me or is it impossible to buy vehicles? No matter how much I click the damn bus it won't get bought.. :/

Strange, i can buy a bus.
But i cant buy any train, cause the window is out of the screen
Gotta try new build now, if it fixes it, im gonna be on heaven :)

Back