Turbo Charged From Gbax

I believe they are modded...so you still have the same chances to get a 166 from gbax if you want to save money and go for a gamble. I would go for the gamble but thats just me. Even if you dont get the 166 you can mod it yourself. I have the link somewhere but I cant find it now. Someone else will link you if interested/

yellowchicken posted on Mar 23 2004 at 03:58 AM said:
Is it difficult to mod a GP32 to 166?
Do we need to replace stuff or soldering?
Replace stuff, No
Soldering, Yes
Difficult, That depends on how good you are at soldering.

Tbh, I`d go for the guaranteed Gbax GP32, For just an extra £20, Its not really worth the gamble.

Just my 2p.

Trooper

Last edited by a moderator:
its easy as long as you are a good sodder-er and know what ur doing
a soddering pen helps, tried sumtin on my old GB ( the huge ones ) with my iron and not the pen and i killed it lol
was trying toincorporate a screen lite system

~Octavious

lol! It's always puzzled me, why americans say "sodder" when even they spell it "solder". The rest of the world seems to pronounce the "l", but then again americans always want to be different :D

Anyway, to answer the original question (which has been pretty much answered by the other people):
  • 1) The turbo-charged GP32s are modified. If you buy a standard GP32 from GBax, you've got about a 60% chance that it will run at 166MHz. If you buy a turbo-charged one, it's guaranteed to run at 166MHz.
    2) Yes, this invalidates the Gamepark warranty, but GBax have their own so it's no problem.
    3) You could mod your own from the guide at my site, but you could destroy your GP32 so only do it you're very confident in your soldering.
    4) You can't send your existing GP32 to GBax for modding (they only do it when you buy a new GP32). I've heard noises about mashmods.com offering the modding service, but it's not on their site so I presume they aren't actually doing it yet.
I think the GBax modding service is a pretty good deal.

i got the cheapest offer it runs at 166 no problem not that i use it at 166

Back