Tux pandora animated gif

Tuxmmer

Still Fresh
I want to share this image that I modified! Hope you like it.

tux-pandora.gif

Hey Tuxmmer,

Welcome to the Pandora boards. That's a cool and lovable Tux you have there. Are we allowed to use the image and if so then what license applies to it?

i hate how these boards say you can use gif as avatar, but it doesnt work. maybe its for the better seeing as how easily distractable gif avatars can be

Ha! Cute animated GIF, there! I like it.

Do you have a link to the original image, please? I'd love to see them both side-by-side. :p

Last edited by a moderator:
I have not found the original license of the image, but this picture is licensed under Creative Commons, use it freely.

Here is the original image, Greetings!

360.gif

I wish this could be the "boot" icon. Don't get me wrong I like what the pandora uses now, but one thing I love about linux is the scrolling code and penguin at boot up :)

Yay, we need a tux, typing on a pandora, while code is scrolling down...

Epic bootupscreen :)

i hate how these boards say you can use gif as avatar, but it doesnt work.

Hallelujah!

That's less work for my adblocker. :)

The first thing I do on a web page which I'm going to visit regularly is blocking anything that moves without being asked to. Then huge pictures people use as subscriptions. After that I can start actually reading. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
It is possible to change the boot animation. There's a setting I can't remember right now somewhere. There's a few different options to choose from, but there's no reason an industrious individual couldn't create a new theme.

i hate how these boards say you can use gif as avatar, but it doesnt work.

Hallelujah!

That's less work for my adblocker. :)

The first thing I do on a web page which I'm going to visit regularly is blocking anything that moves without being asked to. Then huge pictures people use as subscriptions. After that I can start actually reading. :)

I'm not too bothered by GIFs. But one thing that does bother me is the fucking video ads that play automatically when you load the page! Anytime I see one of those, I hit the "block" button. Or I just leave the site if I'm not interested enough in the site.

Back