TV-Cable not in http://pandorawiki.org/Main_Page

FBnil

They'll own everything and be miserable.
I just received a cable, however, I still have questions about it and I was wondering if there is a manual in a post or hidden somewhere in the wiki.

example: Overlay does not work. Could it be my TV?

I just received a cable, however, I still have questions about it and I was wondering if there is a manual in a post or hidden somewhere in the wiki.

Try the main layer, I was able to connect with the Overlay, but I wasn't able to get any actual video on either my Pandy or my TV like that. I'm not sure if there's a bug or something that's incorrectly set up, but it didn't work for me either.

I'm guessing that nobody has gotten around to writing a manual for this yet as I think it's only been like a month since people got their cables.

I know there's some question about which input is which for the black and the blue connector, I'm not sure which is right and which is left. I'm not sure it really matters as the speakers on the Pandy are near enough and one can always swap the channels on a recording if one notices.

I was able to connect with the Overlay, but I wasn't able to get any actual video on either my Pandy or my TV like that.

FYI SMPlayer2 is the only video file player that plays nice with the TV-Out Cable. The Tube works as well for just youtube stuff.. Both needs the HW Scaler mode enabled.

Like I said in another post, the HW Scaler (overlay) mode will display a blank screen until something actually uses it..

Last edited by a moderator:
I was able to connect with the Overlay, but I wasn't able to get any actual video on either my Pandy or my TV like that.

FYI SMPlayer2 is the only video file player that plays nice with the TV-Out Cable. The Tube works as well for just youtube stuff.. Both needs the HW Scaler mode enabled.
I shouldn't respond to you here as well as the other thread as it's going to get confusing. But, I'll post here so other people don't get too confused. Nope, The Tube definitely is not working on my unit in the fashion you're saying. Enabling the HW Scaler breaks it whereas using the normal mode makes it work.

I'll give it another go later today to see if I can figure out what exactly is going on, but if I'm doing something wrong, it means the UI needs fixing as I don't think that enabling the TV out in the utility and then expecting to use it in various applications is unreasonable.

There isnt any yet. Ext is documented, but thats only the pinout, nothing specific to video signals. Need a matrix of what works with the different settings?
A quick startup-guide for the official tv cable would certainly be welcome on the Wiki for newcomers. 
Word, I think at this stage it's confusing as to what is and isn't reasonable to expect. TrashyMG clearly has a cable that's functioning completely different from the way that mine does, and it's completely unclear as to how it should be functioning. I wouldn't think anything was wrong if he wasn't repeatedly telling me that it's not normal.

Just a heads up that this still needs to be done.

The current page is not useful and even uses an incorrect picture.

Information I would like to see on the page:

- what connector transmits what kind of data (call me a noob, but I have not idea what the black and blue connectors do for example)

- steps to enable tv-out and select the right settings

- preferred settings / set-up (known working combination, maybe a list of possible pitfalls or incompatibility with certain apps)

- advanced information (configuration hacks, etc.)

Added a bit of info to it. Not 100% that the black and blue phono's are correct. Somebody will have to correct it if they know

They're both Line in, which one is left and right is another issue.

Back