TV cord can't hold its own weight.

Kelvin

Pixel Mercenary
Website
www.kelvinshadewing.net
Just like the title says, the TV cord for Pandora cannot handle its own weight. Mine juat bent and broke right off as I was playing on my TV with it. Does the cord have a warranty or return policy? Not sure I wanna buy a new one if it's just gonna snap off like that again.

I had a cable break a few months ago, It seemed to me it was the EXT connector itself that broke. My other cable I started ensuring it was propped up and not taking any weight while being used.

I had a cable break a few months ago, It seemed to me it was the EXT connector itself that broke. My other cable I started ensuring it was propped up and not taking any weight while being used.
Yeah, but then you have to make sure the angle's right or that you have a table  in front of you or something. It's weird; there's this little groove in front of the port, so you'd think they'd make the plug able to fit right into it so it didn't bend.

Having the body of the connector flush with the back of the unit would have cost more to get just right, and wouldn't significantly make the joint any stronger, and would be more liable to disconnect itself as it would pivot about the lower edge of the connector and tend to pull it out of the socket.

Still, this does seem to be something of a design flaw. You're not the only person this happened to recently.  I assume yours went in a similar way.

Personally I've always been a bit dubious about this connector, so I built a little cable hammock thing out of a paper clip which hangs off the top lip of the screen.  Can't use it when the lid's closed, but then I'm not usually holding the Pandora.

Last edited by a moderator:
What I do is have a strong elastic band across the top bevel of the screen and run the cable through that on the back of the screen.

I'm just not holding the Pandora when using it with the TV Cable and using a table, I'm devising some 3D printed solution for this though. my plan was for something that attaches to the base of the Pandora and doesn't involve putting weight on LCD lid.

I simply cutted the Ports from TV Out CABLE which i not use here with a Scissores.
There are then 3 Ports gone and the entire Cable is lighter ;)

A TV Out Cable is not that expensive and when i need the other Ports in the Future,then i simply order a new one ;)

You could also tape the not needed cables to the bottom of the Pandora. Will be a lot more stable then and you don't need to cut them off... cut them off... uuugh.

Back