Tv Out Picture Too Big

NickLoTurco

Website
www.hitthesport.com
Yes, as my title states, I've got my stuff from ebay back, s-video to scart (to connect cradle) and an s-video adaptor to connect GP2X directly to TV. With both the menu is too big and doesn't fir into the widescreen. Are there any TV setting that I need to change as the F-200 doesn't seem to offer me any?!? It's all very frustrating, I've seen video's on YouTube and when someone switches on TV Out it just looks the same as it does on the LCD.

So why are gamepark selling something that doesn't work properly?!? I can't use my SD slot as my card is being replaced. I'm just testing the menu screen. Surely that should be fine? Not impressed at all to be honest, surely this is just basic stuff.

Also, YouTube has video's of people using it normally, not through PC's, and it looks fine. Surely the TV fixer is for programmes and emu's, not the GP2X menu?

Yes, this is a TV 'problem'. If your TV has overscan settings, try fiddling with those.

NickLoTurco said:
Yes, as my title states, I've got my stuff from ebay back, s-video to scart (to connect cradle) and an s-video adaptor to connect GP2X directly to TV. With both the menu is too big and doesn't fir into the widescreen. Are there any TV setting that I need to change as the F-200 doesn't seem to offer me any?!? It's all very frustrating, I've seen video's on YouTube and when someone switches on TV Out it just looks the same as it does on the LCD.
Do not worry. If I'm not mistaken you're running gmenu2x aren't you?
Close gmenu2x and then activate tv out via the original menu

Good luck

Last edited by a moderator:
Right, sorry for being stroppy earlier, just getting frustrated with this thing now!

Right, I can only try internal games, 2 of the 5 work. The Pac man game does not along with two others. It's strange as when I exit out of the games that don't work (when I say they don't work I mean they work but are blurry with huge pixels on TV out), before the game fully exits the screen becomes perfect before going back to the menu. Very frustrating, been through all my TV settings. Is the yellow video cable better than the S-video connector with the 4 pins in?

Does anyone else have problems using some of the internal games with tv out?

I'm using the original menu that came with it!

If your TV is widescreen, that could be the problem, though I can't tell just from "the menu is too big." If it's cut off at the top and bottom, your TV is probably cropping the image so it will fill the entire screen and not look stretched out (under Linux, I use the program TVtime with my tuner card and I set this option all the time). If this is the case, look in your TV's menu to see if there is an option to turn off cropping, or I think it's sometimes called masking, but it could also be something different.

The GP2x signal is 4:3 and your widescreen isn't, you should be able to change to 4:3 aspect on your tv, this will leave the sides of your tv black, but will show the image properly.

The yellow cable you mention is composite signal, no, it is not as good as s-video. The 4 cables you refer to in s-video are chroma + ground and luma + ground. Composite is chroma and luma combined + ground. Composite signals can often give picture bleeding and harsh reds and blues.

Naturally the pixels on your tv look blocky, output from the GP2x is 320 x 240, your tv is higher definition than that, one pixel on the GP2x relates to about 4 or maybe 9 on your tv set.

Tv out on the GP2x is also not great, some lines get missed, which is again quite obvious on a large tv.

Ive got an old TV(not widescreen, not flatscreen, a regulat TV from 10 years ago. Im using an adapter from the circular plug with some pins in it thats on the cradle to the single video cable, like the two audio plugs on the cradle, and when I run PocketSNES(I havent tested anything else), the top and bottom are so stretched out that I cant see the FPS.... All I do is go to settings->tv-> and press B

TV OUT FOR HOMEBREW GAMES (FENIX)

using "Ruck-man" as an example, "ruckman" will not display correctly on TV OUT,

go to another game folder, say GHOSTPIX\runtime\fxi, the good "fxi" file is 2,661 KB, ruckman "fxi" file is 2,724 KB, old version.

take the "FXI" file (2,661 kb) from ghostpix and put it in RUCKMAN\runtime folder (replace, yes). now it works fine with tvout.

NickLoTurco said:
So why are gamepark selling something that doesn't work properly?!?
Haha, sorry you didn't realize that Koreans do this. I plan to buy a Hyundai for its known reputation as a good car. (um, that one didn't actually work, Hyundai's are getting reliable, they still aren't very good cars though.)

1) They want money

2) Doing stuff right costs money, so they don't do it.

3) Their main English speaking distributor is making his own device, does that tell you anything?

4) They no longer sell it or produce it.

I am glad to see that you found a solution to run a Fenix game properly on the TV.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back