Tv Out Selfmade Cable?

Azerty16

Hi everyone,
I would like to know if it's possible to make a TV-Out Cable for the Caanoo with the Wiz Usb cable?
And if yes, How to?

Yes it's possible:
caanoo-tv-out.jpg

tvoutc.jpg

Built this yesterday

u just need the Pinout from Andymanone:

Pin #1 : GND
Pin #2 : UART_RX1 (connected to U4 on the development board)
Pin #3 : UART_TX1
Pin #4 : BATT_IN_OUT 5V
Pin #5 : BATT_IN_OUT 5V
Pin #6 : Power Enable
Pin #7 : CfgShadow (Refer to Pollux datasheet)
Pin #8 : CfgBOOTMODE1 (Refer to Pollux datasheet)
Pin #9 : CfgBOOTMODE0 (Refer to Pollux datasheet)
Pin #10 : USB Device D-
Pin #11 : Audio GND
Pin #12 : Power GND
Pin #13 : UART_RX0 (connected to U3 on the development board)
Pin #14 : UART_TX0
Pin #15 : USB Device D+
Pin #16 : USB PWR 5V
Pin #17 : USB HOST D+
Pin #18 : USB HOST D-
Pin #19 : Power GND
Pin #20 : CVBS OUT
Pin #21 : PWR4.2V
Pin #22 : PWR4.2V
Pin #23 : Audio Left
Pin #24 : Audio Right

However the Audio-Left/Right pins didn't work for me, so i had to use the headphone-out.

You need a cable like this:
av_kabel.jpg

Cut off one side of the connectors, solder the yellow one to pin 20, its isolation to pin 19.
Get a old pair of headphones, cut of the 3,5mm plug, solder the wires to the red and the white wires of the av-cable and there u go.
works fine on mine.

As u probably can see on my cable: there's an additional usb-connection. its not entirely a tv cable.

greets,
thorax

well...i paid $1,29 for a samsung e810 cable.
and it wasn'nt that much effort.
plus: with the official cable u have like 3 cables hanging from ur caanoo...

so if u have most of the parts @home...

yeah, if you have them at home, it's obviously cheaper and faster, especially 'coz at playasia it's not in stock

So my TV out cable is incoming .... buuuuuut, it's composite. What's the possibility of making a custom S-Video cable?

traylorpark said:
So my TV out cable is incoming .... buuuuuut, it's composite. What's the possibility of making a custom S-Video cable?

Glancing at that pinout... no possibility without a new firmware to put out the correct format. Does anybody know anything about the DAC in the caanoo?

Last edited by a moderator:
So, whats the deal with the official cable? It looks like it has just a very short female video plug leading out near the Caanoo end of the standard Caanoo to usb charger cable,. and they just throw in a mini-to-rca for audio and an extention for the short female video plug,. is that what they sell? If so, yours looks way better,. is there a way to get that Caanoo end plug ? I would rather wire up one like you have done but don't want to use my charging cable to do it.

Yeah i bought a Samsung E810 USB-Cable. You have to file down one side of the Connector to fit, but that's not a big deal. If you don't want to mod the connector i suggest u to buy a Samsung YP-S3-Data Cable(Although i only found rather expensive ones). The Connector will fit exactly as the Retail one. However the pins don't fit right away in either of the mentioned cables, so u have to go with the pinout i posted above.

Luckily, as u can see on my pics, the connector i bought has a small pcb inside with a numbered pin-layout ;)

greets,
thorax

I have the bits but want tv-out only - need a diagram for red,yellow,white and ground cables,
I took apart an old gp2x tv-out cable just to get the adapter and I want to cut a standard video RCA cable up ;)

like these videos for the wiz

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XFB8NLaQJVE

And

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mWTDSv8nso

Nutts out B)

would u please just read the whole thread? every single information u need is in here!

So, has anyone tried this and gotten the audio to work through the main connector without having to use the headphone jack?

I want to try making one of these cables. Or, more specifically, I want to make a small adapter with very short cables with female ends so that I can connect cables of different lengths depending on the situation. If I'm going to use the Caanoo itself as a game controller I'll need a much longer cable than if I'm going to just leave it laying near the TV. Or if I just need to use the USB cable to charge it temporarily, I don't want to have 6 feet of cable dangling around with it.

Is soldering absolutely required to build one? I ask because I don't have access to that. I'm broke atm.      :(

Because maybe you could try labeling your picture..............so I could understand which pin is in which order....that's the only thing stopping me from making one...and a lack of money.

I had an extra caanoo usb charging cable would I be able to use that and does the pin layout differ? 

John WK said:
I had an extra caanoo usb charging cable would I be able to use that and does the pin layout differ? 
 I don't think the stock Caanoo USB cable has all the pins populated. I think it has an extra ground pin to match the number you'd need, so you could potentially extract the pins and move them around to other slots but it won't be easy.

Would it be possible to use this cable with minimum modification?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/371101963704

I heard that some people used a Samsung E800 TV-Out cable (whic this is supposed to be) and modified it but this one doesn't have a CAANOO type port on the end.  It's much narrower.

Is it of any use in making my own TV-Out cable?

Back