Tv Out ... When, Oh When??

T

TelcoLou

Yes, the holiday season is upon us ... I was looking forward to sharing some old-school gaming fun on the family TV set during Christmas. ;)

Is there any concrete word on when GPH is shipping them to the rest of the world? I read where the returned recall units got them ...

daclassicgamingmaster posted on Dec 21 2005 at 12:45 AM said:
ah fudge :(. this is bad news. I too was hoping to have a cable to enjoy old skool gaming with some friends who dont have a 2x :(

Well its for sell at Play-Asia

http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-d1-70-11n7.html

ships in one to two weeks so even if thats right you will not have it for Xmas day but soon after.

I got mine on my TV, just plugged my video camera into my TV and mounted it above my 2X hay presto! TV out :)

Last edited by a moderator:
craigix posted on Dec 21 2005 at 01:13 AM said:
We have the cables in stock, but they won't work until version 3 of the firmware.

Craig, thats fine can I order one now so I am ready to go when the firmare comes out?

I did go to your site to try and order but nothing there yet.

cheers

We have the cables in stock, but they won't work until version 3 of the firmware.

how long are the cables?

Mr. Anderson posted on Dec 21 2005 at 01:31 AM said:

how long are the cables?

I think the cables are short, a foot long, there was a lot of discussion on gp2x.com.

Just get some long av ext leads, there real cheap.

Here's a pic from GP32z's site:

product_tvcable.jpg

... though it may have changed from this version, the cables are still short.

wow thats tiny, am i meant to leave my 2X behind my tv or something? how do i play it and watch the TV at the same time? heh.

Paradox posted on Dec 20 2005 at 07:49 PM said:
wow thats tiny, am i meant to leave my 2X behind my tv or something? how do i play it and watch the TV at the same time? heh.

Extension cables.

You know, like that power saw in your workshop ... it's also got a tiny cord; it's meant to be used with an extension cable.

its just ment to provide a connector for your extension cables to connect to, is that so hard to understand?

you shouldnt *need* to buy an extension cable, it should be sufficient length, stop covering GPH's ass by saying this stuff "oh just buy an extension cable" christ~

by the time ive bought everything needed for this thing its probably going to end up costing £300

Paradox posted on Dec 20 2005 at 07:53 PM said:
you shouldnt *need* to buy an extension cable, it should be sufficient length, stop covering GPH's ass by saying this stuff "oh just buy an extension cable" christ~

by the time ive bought everything needed for this thing its probably going to end up costing £300

Go to home depot, and tell the store manager that all power tools should come with really long power cords. Report back here with your results ...

Paradox posted on Dec 20 2005 at 07:53 PM said:

correct me if im wrong, but are you complaining?

Paradox posted on Dec 21 2005 at 01:53 AM said:

That's right I think it really could have been 1,5 meters at least, without an extension it's useless for everything but movies, heck even my digital camera came with a 2 meter TV cable(and you know they don't even include a SD/CF Card with them nowadays).

however...

don't worry the extension cable will be arround 5 Bucks I guess, you won't die from it, at least I hope so ;)

yeah they appear to be pretty darn inexpensive. I think im going to order one.

I do however think we WILL need an extension cable. At least im prolly gonna buy one

Paradox posted on Dec 21 2005 at 01:53 AM said:

Shut up you prick, this is an adaptor. Do those adaptor plugs you use in foreign countries come pre-extended?

Back