Tv/video Out Card

tekt5

NazcaBeer Spokesman
Website
Visit site
Ok to start off, I know absolutley nothing about video cards.

Anyway, my PC has a built in ATI Radeon Express card with a PCI expansion slot.

I'm mostly looking for a card with TV-out that will work alright with amatuer video editing as that's really all I use this computer for. If your wondering, I use an older version of Adobe Premiere (6.0 I think) to edit the videos. Anyway, I want a card that will allow me to playback what I've edited onto my TV with just a "click of the button." (and some rendering :lol: ).

So I was searcxhing the interweb and came across this ATI Radeon 9250 here

As far as I can tell it looks like what I want and it is definatley in my price range.

So, I just posted to see what you more computer-savy people think of it, or if you know of something else to suit my needs...

Here is a list of pretty much everything I even use my computer for. (In order of usage)

Video Editing (MovieStar, Premeire)
Watching DVD's (PowerDVD)
Games (THPS3+4, Flatout, Generally)
Music Listening (iTunes)
Emulation (Project64, VisualBoy Advance)
Basic Office Apps (Word, Powerpoint)

WarmFluffyUK

The Big Wad Bolf.
Website
www.retrotech.one
For a nice cheap solution you could try a Radeon 9250 (ATI Chipset). It has SVideo (Can be converted to composite) out and is easy to use if you download the Catalyst drivers from ATI.

The overlay has a theatre mode allowing you to send the direct draw layer straight to the TV. this means any video played appears full screen on the TV.

Hope that was of help.

T

TelcoLou

I'm a bit of a Radeon fanboy ... we've use their line of cards for as long as I can remeber, with excellent performance for the price ... basically, get the best radeon card you can afford.
We have a Radeon AIW 9800 with several TV out/In options and have no complaints.

tekt5

NazcaBeer Spokesman
Website
Visit site
Thanks guys

I ended up getting a Radeon X300 from CompUSA for only $100 and so far it's been working perfect. It took me a little while to get my TV working with it but that ended up being because of a bad s-video cable.

I highly recommend radeon to anyone else looking for a video card

aapje89

Still here...
Website
Visit site
tekt5 posted on Feb 20 2006 at 10:32 PM said:
Thanks guys

I ended up getting a Radeon X300 from CompUSA for only $100 and so far it's been working perfect. It took me a little while to get my TV working with it but that ended up being because of a bad s-video cable.

I highly recommend radeon to anyone else looking for a video card
i have a x300 too, it sucks :p
our laptop gets more than 10 times as much points on 3dmark lol.

Last edited by a moderator: