Twiterix : The Photos Have Been Taken

calc84maniac said:
Because those pictures were from the factory. MWeston doesn't have them yet to build a final unit.

I am talking about the material/finish/polish of the case.

Last edited by a moderator:
MWeston requested that very thing.

MWeston said:
They told me that the parts require a finishing process after injection to give them the matte surface we want. Test parts don't get this treatment but I told them I wanted sample parts to look like they should during large scale production. Let's hope they did that before shipping but the swirls and scratches and greasy finish is certainly not the condition any customers will be getting their units in. Hells no! ;)

Read before you rant. :)

skeezix said:
The first 100 are slightly different than the real MP batch; I imagine if they went to normal folks under the guise of 'batch 1', that would lead to nothing but anger anyway ..
Ok, That's fine, ... But I want to know which ones Craigix is talking about. He didn't say.

Edit for clarity : My question is, when Craigix says that some devices will ship before Christmas, is he talking about proper batch 1 units? Or is he just saying that some of the pre-batch1 testing units might be shipped to somebody or the other.

Because one is awesome ... and the other means that the 'real' units will miss Christmas after all. ... so you can see why I'd like to get clarification before I get my hopes up.

Gruso said:
MWeston requested that very thing.

MWeston said:
They told me that the parts require a finishing process after injection to give them the matte surface we want. Test parts don't get this treatment but I told them I wanted sample parts to look like they should during large scale production. Let's hope they did that before shipping but the swirls and scratches and greasy finish is certainly not the condition any customers will be getting their units in. Hells no! ;)

Read before you rant. :)

Thanks, thats all I wanted to hear.

j6cubic said:
MDave said:
skeezix said:
The first 100 are slightly different than the real MP batch; I imagine if they went to normal folks under the guise of 'batch 1', that would lead to nothing but anger anyway ..

jeff

Could you highlight what the differences are? :)
The MP models look different, are superior in ability and are all controlled by copies of the same dummy plug.
No they don't, aren't, and ... well yes.
The first 105 boards were produced using the exact same process that the remaining 3895 have been going through. The difference is that they've been hard tested, pushed through their paces, pieces of their life slowly shaved away to ensure that they run 100% through all that is to come. These 105 (103 now, 2 failed the test) look and perform the exact same, they just might have a slightly reduced life. Considering that the life expectancy of the OMAP processor is in the neighborhood of 25 years, a few months one way or the other probably won't make much difference, but some people still don't want a "used" board.

j6cubic said:
MDave said:
skeezix said:

jeff
Could you highlight what the differences are? :)
The MP models look different, are superior in ability and are all controlled by copies of the same dummy plug.

I see what you did there.

14y9194.jpg

Evangelion was great! I'm still waiting for the new ones to come to America though. Japan gets all the good stuff first... <_<

You guys really need to stop talking about Evangelion, lest you incur the droll and zany comments of PoisonedV

VRAndy said:
skeezix said:
Ok, That's fine, ... But I want to know which ones Craigix is talking about. He didn't say.

Edit for clarity : My question is, when Craigix says that some devices will ship before Christmas, is he talking about proper batch 1 units? Or is he just saying that some of the pre-batch1 testing units might be shipped to somebody or the other.

Because one is awesome ... and the other means that the 'real' units will miss Christmas after all. ... so you can see why I'd like to get clarification before I get my hopes up.
IIRC craig just said that 1000 final cases are going to be produced for Dec 1st. more beyond that you have to think if 1000 produced are they going to be shipped so take that times and add em to the wait

Ye but it doesn't look like ED has even got the case samples yet so there's no way that 1000 cases will be made by Dec 1st.

For those that are 'willing to take' / 'insisting on getting" one of the original 105 boards.. easy.. no warranty since they've been slightly abused... see how many takers there are then.. and oblige them.

Yes, I did order on the first day and seldom post but have been reading pretty much daily since....... one of the silent majority I believe. I entrusted them with my $$.. surely I can extend that to entrusting them with decisions about the product is a lesser and logical trust.

Twiitcher
Tired of all the whining

<--Edited for clarity.---?

As far as I can see, no one in this thread has asked for one of the 105.

I just wanted to know if craig was saying that REAL FINAL units would ship before Christmas, or if only the 103 yet-another-iteration-of-dev-units would be shipping.

One is good news, the other is bad news, but we don't know, since he didn't specify what he's talking about.

If I had to guess, I'd say he meant it the bad-news way, but left it ambiguous so that we wouldn't lose hope and cancel. (Why do I guess that? Because Craigix always communicates in that pattern.)

Back