Two Questions

javiero

Still Fresh
Hello:

First of all please excuseme my very bad english (I'm spanish).

I'm triying to make some test, and I can't compile a sdl example with open2x sdl.

I use windows XP.

Anyone have a little tutorial about install open2x with all necessary sdl libs in windows ?.

The other questions, is about the free mem. What is the function for know the free mem (for malloc use)?.

Many thanks. ;)

Kind Regards.

I second the Code::Blocks recommendation if you're after an easy Windows dev environment.

As for malloc, just check the result of it. If it fails (returns NULL), assume there's not enough memory.

Hello:

Thanks for yours replys ;)

Yes, I use Gp2x Code::blocks Pre-configured Sdk Rc6 (great work), but the open2x support was removed in release Rc5. Actually not use open2x ( I mind).

This is a part of readme.txt about Code::blocks
================================================================================
RC 5 29 Aug 2007
================================================================================
> What has been added/changed?
- Fixed template to output the right file type on LGP.
----> Removed Open2x due to difficulty with SDL_mixer. <----------------- THIS
- Made a SDL LGPL version of DevKitGP2X by creating a second lib folder.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

About the memory use, my question is for know how much memory use each part of my program. Gp2x not have any standard function for know the free memory ?.

Many thanks ;)

javiero said:
Hello:
Yes, I use Gp2x Code::blocks Pre-configured Sdk Rc6 (great work), but the open2x support was removed in release Rc5. Actually not use open2x ( I mind).

About the memory use, my question is for know how much memory use each part of my program. Gp2x not have any standard function for know the free memory ?.
You can replace the existing devkit libs with the rebuilt libs from open2x.

The GP2X is hw and has nothing to do with your program, the GP2X is running Linux which could tell you how much memory your program consumes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Pickle, thanks for reply ;)

Pickle said:
javiero said:
Hello:

You can replace the existing devkit libs with the rebuilt libs from open2x.

The GP2X is hw and has nothing to do with your program, the GP2X is running Linux which could tell you how much memory your program consumes.

About the open2x, the problem is the tree of open2x, is very extensive and have too many files. I don't know what files I need copy and their correct place for all work right.

Anyone has compile any SDL test in windows with open2x ?

About the memory, in Windows you have a function named GlobalMemoryStatus() and return some info about the memory. In this info, you can see the memory free for your program. I'm finding a function like this for linux in gp2x. ;)

Thanks for your help.

javiero said:
About the open2x, the problem is the tree of open2x, is very extensive and have too many files. I don't know what files I need copy and their correct place for all work right.

Anyone has compile any SDL test in windows with open2x ?
Huh?
At a minimum you have to copy the SDL lib over the exisiting one.
The libs are here Codeblocks_RC6\devkitGP2X\lib

Is there a particular reason why you need to use Open2x over DevkitGP2X?

Both have SDL libraries.

Hi:

Many thanks for yours replys ;)

About the open2x, I will like use the more accelerated SDL port for gp2x, and I read in all forums the open2x is the fastest sdl port, this is right ?

Best regards. ;)

Hi:

Ok, I copy all devkitgp2x (from open2x page) libs and includes to my codeblocks/devkitgp2x and work. By now the test run at the same speed, I will make more test.

Many thanks for yours helps ;)

Best Regards.

Back