Two Questions

cobaltage said:
mali said:
I think that MID/UMPC enthusiasts still play a too minor role when thinking about Pandora and its future. I came here from the Maemo community for example. There have been huge discussions over there and the interest will spike again when Pandora finally ships. Just look at the interest of other MID/UMPC centric sites like UMPCportal. Peca's survey shows, that there is interest. There might be a much broader customer base than many people think on these boards ;)

I am in full agreement. I used to have a Nokia N770, but I skipped the N800/N810 because I was skeptical when Nokia having dropped support for the N770 so quickly. And now, Nokia seems to have dropped the idea of the Internet Tablet with the N900, which is great for what it is (the next to last stage of a multi-stage developemnt process), but it's expensive because it's a phone.

I too came from the maemo community; I heard about the Pandora on the itt forums. I have an N810, but I got tired of the haphazard way Nokia dealt with it, and the horrible state the repos are (were?) in. However, my draw to the Pandora isn't that it is a replacement for the N810--I bought an iPhone and I'm satisfied with that (though I do still use the N810 for IM'ing, since it has a real keyboard)--it's that it is a rather capable gaming machine. The other stuff is just icing on the cake for me. However, I do see why others might be interested in the Pandora as a UMPC, it does run a full os, after all.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back