U.s. Plug Converter

JesterDev

Still Fresh
I just ordered my GP2X from play Asia. Little did I know that it does not come with a US Plug converter. I did a search on ebay and found many different ones but I do not know which one to get. I see voltage converters (220 to 110 or along those lines) and simple plugs extensions.

I don't want to fry my GP2X naturally. So I was curious if anyone has some suggestions? Online, or perhaps local stores that may sell them in the US?

Just get a cheap ($3-5) Jap/Euro-U.S. Plug converter at Radio Shack, I got one, and it just slips over the plug.

(you don't need to convert the voltage, just the plug end is different)

TelcoLou posted on Mar 8 2007 at 11:28 PM said:
Just get a cheap ($3-5) Jap/Euro-U.S. Plug converter at Radio Shack, I got one, and it just slips over the plug.

Thank you. Just saved me a bit of worry, and some money. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
JesterDev posted on Mar 8 2007 at 04:41 PM said:
TelcoLou posted on Mar 8 2007 at 11:28 PM said:

Thank you. Just saved me a bit of worry, and some money. :)
I thought you could use a standard power cord, like the PS1/Xbox/PS2/most 2-prong laptop power bricks/ whatever.

It just needs to go into the end of the power brick. As in, don't use the supplied cord, use an US style one.

nubie posted on Mar 8 2007 at 11:12 PM said:
I thought you could use a standard power cord, like the PS1/Xbox/PS2/most 2-prong laptop power bricks/ whatever.

It just needs to go into the end of the power brick. As in, don't use the supplied cord, use an US style one.
This is what I use. I found that the plug was always falling off and it also looks pretty cheap. I ended up using a power cord from an old cable modem adapter that fit into my GP2X adapter. Much better. :)

prairiefire posted on Mar 9 2007 at 04:05 PM said:
nubie posted on Mar 8 2007 at 11:12 PM said:

This is what I use. I found that the plug was always falling off and it also looks pretty cheap. I ended up using a power cord from an old cable modem adapter that fit into my GP2X adapter. Much better. :)
Ditto... I'm actually using the cord that came with my PSP's power adapter - I just plug in whichever adapter I need - I pretty much only use the adapters when flashing firmware anyway...

Back