Uae Portrd By Squidqe

Jegriva posted on Oct 14 2005 at 11:10 PM said:
It will need also a Disk Swapper system.

Yes, I agree, but shall we get it working at a decent speed first?

Last edited by a moderator:
Squidge posted on Oct 15 2005 at 02:01 PM said:
Jegriva posted on Oct 14 2005 at 11:10 PM said:
It will need also a Disk Swapper system.

Yes, I agree, but shall we get it working at a decent speed first?

Agreed. This Emu is the one I'm looking forward to most, and I'd certainly pay a nice donation towards to the development of it. *crosses fingers and preys for a much playable emu*

No I'm not involved with Squidges emulator, trust me he's got all the bases covered.

I was just expressing how amusing I find it when people start requesting extra options before an emulator has even been released.

Reesy posted on Oct 16 2005 at 02:46 PM said:
No I'm not involved with Squidges emulator, trust me he's got all the bases covered.

I was just expressing how amusing I find it when people start requesting extra options before an emulator has even been released.

Yeah, while we're asking for things can I have AmigaOS 4.0 support? ;)

Seriously, I'm just happy that someone is willing to work on the possibility of Amiga emulation :)

I've just dug out all my old 17-bit cdtv cd-roms.

Can't wait to try out Pugg's In Space and maybe a little Digital Force!

Ok, I've managed to seperate all the stuff of a normal 68K cpu core, and wrote a small app that just sits there and throws opcodes at both a C based core that is known to work well for Amiga emulation and Cyclone, which seems to cause Amiga emulation to fall over quite regularly.

Squidge posted on Oct 16 2005 at 11:33 AM said:
Ok, I've managed to seperate all the stuff of a normal 68K cpu core, and wrote a small app that just sits there and throws opcodes at both a C based core that is known to work well for Amiga emulation and Cyclone, which seems to cause Amiga emulation to fall over quite regularly.
Save what you have now, because when we figure out how to use both cores it will be a very good starting point for a dual-proc UAE (one core does the CPU and the other everything else).

Crossposted from your blog:

Just wanted to say that if you create a well working version of UAE for the GP2X then I'll be the happiest man alive, heh. One thing to note though, the Windows version (WinUAE) has progressed so much further than the original UAE that is it crazy. It now runs pretty much every program flawlessly with support for many other things such as CAPS and such. It may be worth speaking to Toni about the code and such, seeing if you're able to port that instead as it is many generations ahead of the original UAE.

Enverex
(I run Atomic Cabbage / AtomNET which is mainly an Amiga site :) )

Enverex posted on Oct 18 2005 at 05:45 PM said:
Crossposted from your blog:

Just wanted to say that if you create a well working version of UAE for the GP2X then I'll be the happiest man alive, heh. One thing to note though, the Windows version (WinUAE) has progressed so much further than the original UAE that is it crazy. It now runs pretty much every program flawlessly with support for many other things such as CAPS and such. It may be worth speaking to Toni about the code and such, seeing if you're able to port that instead as it is many generations ahead of the original UAE.

That's a bad idea. Toni has done a great work with WinUAE but he has sacrificed speed for accuracy and the GP2X port needs speed not accuracy.

Enverex posted on Oct 18 2005 at 06:43 PM said:
hmm... that is true, but it may still give Squidge some ideas to go from...

Of course. Toni is a great guy (I know because I was a WinUAE beta tester) and helped Xport to port WinUAE to the Xbox

Back