Release UAE4All 2.0 with hires

TomB

Very Active Member
Here is my first beta of UAE4All with hires support.

What's new in current beta:

- Switch between 320 and 640 width (in game: L-Trigger + R-Trigger + w)

- Statusline clears only used area, so more from Amiga graphic is visible

- Fixed flicker of status line (redraw every frame doesn't affect performance)

UAE4ALLv2.0.pnd

Attachments

• UAE4ALLv2.0.pnd
    1.5 MB · Views: 185
Last edited by a moderator:
Did some tests and it seems to work flawlessly.

Switching resolutions and between hi- and lores works equally well via menu and the shortcuts.

Workbench finally looks like on a real Amiga. Great!

Thanks also for fixing the status line flicker.

I couldn't provoke a crash by switching between resolutions so I think this should be uploaded to the repo soon.

Btw., I have a feature request extending on this. Some games have horizontal overscan, like e.g. Sensible Soccer, Pinball Illusions, The Settlers or Deluxe Galaga.

Could you also add "360" and "720" width modes (or "384" and "768" which is the maximum PAL overscan width I think)?

Btw., I have a feature request extending on this. Some games have horizontal overscan, like e.g. Sensible Soccer, Pinball Illusions, The Settlers or Deluxe Galaga.

Could you also add "360" and "720" width modes (or "384" and "768" which is the maximum PAL overscan width I think)?
This is not so easy. We have to change some constants to vars and get the right math to calculate between the different coordinate systems.

I'll hava a look at it...

This is not so easy. We have to change some constants to vars and get the right math to calculate between the different coordinate systems.
I'll hava a look at it...
Yeah I've tried that at some time in the past without success. Thanks for having a look.

Hmmm not getting this to work..

A1200 config - loaded up disk 1 of workbench. L + R with W doesn`t do anything

Can you change the preset width in the display menu?

There is a new option above the already know preset selection. If you can't see it, you are using the wrong pnd.

Thanks guys, but I can't get this to start. I have downloaded the PND but when I try and start the new version it just stays on the desktop, the old verison starts up fine. Any idea why?

Is it possible to check if the new PND is working? As both Tom and John have dev tools on their Pandora it might be that the PND is missing something that won't allow it to start on mine?

I don't have Dev-Tools on my pandora and I also tested the pnd with my older 600 MHz Pandora without any problems.

I can cycle through 320x240 upscaled, 320x262 upscaled, 320x200 NTSC, 320x200 upscaled

Is that right?

No, you're still using the old pnd.

ah ok... thats weird.. I renamed my old pnd to .bkp and dropped in TomB`s one... oh well... deleted it now :)/>

I can see preset width now :)/>

It does flicker now I press L R and W with my workbench disk... guess it doesn`t work with that wb disk?

Thanks Tom,

I have tried a clean install and still nothing. I thought there was a way to get log in the terminal that outlines what is happening in the background, any ideas how to do this?

I check the pnd tomorrow. Perhaps there's something wrong with the flags of the file 'uae4all'.

I check the pnd tomorrow. Perhaps there's something wrong with the flags of the file 'uae4all'.

Thanks Tom,

I will reflash my Pandora later and see if that makes a difference. Seems strange is working on Stainys and not mine.

It does flicker now I press L R and W with my workbench disk... guess it doesn`t work with that wb disk?
I don't think the disk my cause the problem. I also tested WB2.0. You can PM me your config files (global and disk specific) and the disk file and I test it on my pandoras tomorrow.

I don't think the disk my cause the problem. I also tested WB2.0. You can PM me your config files (global and disk specific) and the disk file and I test it on my pandoras tomorrow.

I see the difference in the menu when I switch from 320 to 640.. but in game ( so to speak ) it flashes and doesn`t change res...

Will it be every game that it effects? I wasn`t sure.. so thats why I tried the wb disk ( thinking it would effect that if anything ) :)

I see the difference in the menu when I switch from 320 to 640.. but in game ( so to speak ) it flashes and doesn`t change res...

Yes it does change resolution, but it looks the same because the gfx of the KS1.3 workbench-disk is in lores (like most games).

But if you boot e.g. a Workbench ADF you'd see the difference because the fonts look good in hires and ugly in lores.

Back