Release UAE4All 2.0 with hires

I see the difference in the menu when I switch from 320 to 640.. but in game ( so to speak ) it flashes and doesn`t change res...

Yes it does change resolution, but it looks the same because the gfx of the KS1.3 workbench-disk is in lores (like most games).

But if you boot e.g. a Workbench ADF you'd see the difference because the fonts look good in hires and ugly in lores.

I loaded Wb3.1 ( 1of6 ) disk.. thats the main workbench disk ( I think )

The rest are Extras, fonts, installdisk, locale and storage..

Yeah I think your right.. the screen size doesn`t change but the fonts and the icons look sharper

Last edited by a moderator:
It's running fine for me anyway, the high res modes are pretty sweet! I'll have to rebuild my workbench hdf though, it doesn't seem to want to load anymore!(my games one with tinylauncher is fine though)

I check the pnd tomorrow. Perhaps there's something wrong with the flags of the file 'uae4all'.

Hi Tom,

I have worked out what the issue is - You have to have uaeconfig.conf file in the conf directory. I had deleted mine to start from a fresh install when I downloaded the new PND for UAE4ALL.2.0 so it would not work. I created a new uaeconfig.conf file in the old version of UAE4ALL and then 2.0 started fine.

Try and remove the uaeconfig.conf file and see if does the same.

This isn't a major problem but it does mean that anyone who is new to UAE4ALL may not be able to get it started.

Hope that helps :)

Here is a new version with two bugfixes:

- UAE4All doesn't start when no config file is available

- handling of HD settings fixed

UAE4ALLv2.0.pnd

Attachments

• UAE4ALLv2.0.pnd
    2.4 MB · Views: 162
Here is the source code for the latest beta release.

Next things to do:

- Bugfix for screen shift to right (you always see one pixel of the border on the left side and one pixel on the right side is missing)

- Screen width of 352 and 704 for games/demos with more than the normal number of pixels

uae4all.zip

Attachments

• uae4all.zip
    71 KB · Views: 153
Next things to do:

- Bugfix for screen shift to right (you always see one pixel of the border on the left side and one pixel on the right side is missing)
That always was a thorn in my side. When I shifted the gfx 1 pixel to the left all the colors where shifted as well - white became yellow for example (maybe the bits from green and blue get shifted to red and green and blue is all 0 then).

Only an even amount of horizontal shifting let the colors remain correct. But if you shift the gfx two pixels to the left then the problem you described is just reversed of course.

- Screen width of 352 and 704 for games/demos with more than the normal number of pixels
Really looking forward to this. Btw., with this change alone you could also easily "fix" the other issue by just using notaz' sdl to cut out the correct 320x***-area...

Thanks for your work.

Back