Uae4all Beta

You might just need to calibrate your touch screen, that's all.
:) No, I thought of that...
I've calibrated the screen, but it's still wacky in UAE, it's also completely whacked in DOSbox, and OutcaST...
Works fine in Boomshine and other GPH loaded games. Only trouble is in the emulators,
Does it work for you?
That would mean my unit has a glitch of some sort...
( another glitch, as it were
-DEJ
No, mine is also way off in uae4all and I've calibrated the touchscreen and it is ok in the menu when I exit the emulator.

Regards

André

I've tested some games and i found out that no AGA games are running.
For the people which have blackscreen after starting game and wiz crashed - change kickrom or disable hardware scaling, happess to me also.
Is the hardware scale mode buggy for now ? wiz blackscreens and crashes if i start a game with hardware scale enabled...
Something here with same...?
Greets milk...

I've tested some games and i found out that no AGA games are running.
For the people which have blackscreen after starting game and wiz crashed - change kickrom or disable hardware scaling, happess to me also.
Is the hardware scale mode buggy for now ? wiz blackscreens and crashes if i start a game with hardware scale enabled...
Something here with same...?
Greets milk...
The wiz doesnt have hw scaling, dont use this option.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have found that a large amount of the disk images I tried just give me the workbench hand after loading. I am not sure what I am doing wrong especially since the games I am trying are nothing special (no AGA, HAM mode etc). Some work, many don't, is there some kind of trick to getting these going?

I'm still experiencing one major issue with UAE4ALL... after selecting any disk image nothing loads, I'm just left at the kickstart screen. Can anyone shed some light on how to resolve this or if there is a more recent version than the one available for download on the Wiz File Archive at openhandhelds.org? Thanks in advance.

Maxxx said:
I'm still experiencing one major issue with UAE4ALL... after selecting any disk image nothing loads, I'm just left at the kickstart screen. Can anyone shed some light on how to resolve this or if there is a more recent version than the one available for download on the Wiz File Archive at openhandhelds.org? Thanks in advance.

Make sure your kicker is good

Pickle said:
Maxxx said:

Make sure your kicker is good

Hi Pickle - I'm not sure that's the problem, if I'm shown the screen with the hand holding the workbench disk doesnt that mean my kick.rom is good? Plus I have had games load maybe 5 times out of 50+ attempts. Thanks in advance for any advice.

Hi Pickle - I'm not sure that's the problem, if I'm shown the screen with the hand holding the workbench disk doesnt that mean my kick.rom is good? Plus I have had games load maybe 5 times out of 50+ attempts. Thanks in advance for any advice.
I never see the kickstart screen and I don't think you should because that means the Amiga is looking for one.Like he said check another kickstart rom. Look for 1.3 that is 512KB.

---------------------------

I have had a blast playing Autoduel, Silkworm and Garrison so far, thank you Pickle for your work.

I do have some questions though. When I reset the emulator it crashes and I have to restart.

When I run a game then open the menu, going back to the game removes sound and I am unable to move while pressing the fire button.

Anyone else have similar problems?

Thanks

I realize that this is an old thread, but I spent a lot of time on UAE4All recently on the Wiz. I can't really find any Wiz specific documentation and the old Wiki for the GP2x seems a bit outdated.

I had a couple of questions and observations

Q
1) The autosave feature? I noticed it in the revision notes that indicates that it enabled "Writes" and that saves will be made into the saves dir. I've been fumbling around with blank disk images for saves, so I was wondering how this works. Does this feature refer to save games when you are prompted for a saves disk?

2) Any lessons from users out there about adjustments to the base config that seem to help with performance? I did save the mouse speed at 3x, but adjusting 'sync threshold' or 'sound frequency' don't really seem to help anything. Found through testing that HW scaling locks up the unit. Is there anything else that you have found useful?

Observations
It seems that in the disk load screen you can use B to load drive 0, X to load drive 1, A to load Drive 2, and X to load drive 3. I tested this out on a couple of games and wasn't prompted for the disk again. I dunno if this is intended or I'm imagining things . . .

Reset seems to restart the Amiga but not eject the disks, actually highlighting 'Start' and pressing B will resume the last program from where it left off. The lack of an actual Start button seems to have disabled the shortcut of pressing the Start button for this purpose.

I did notice that sometimes the sound would stop, but it wasn't frequent and did not seem related to going into the menu. In fact if you start Pirates! then choose to continue an old career before the music is done, the music will pause while you insert your save disk and then resume when you highlight Start and press B.

Some games I tried that worked or didn't. I know this is on the UAE4All wiki, but that seems GP2x specific and plus someone might look here first:

-Pirates! - I played this the most and it worked great
-Defender of the Crown - Seemed flawless
-Dune - Some sound bending and slowing but it was almost 100%
-UFO Enemy Unknown - I can't get into the battle mode and rotating the globe was extremely slow
-Cannon Fodder - Worked great
-1st Monkey Island - Booted up and I was walking around in game without issue
-Ruff N Tumble - Looks and sounds perfect to me
-Giana Sisters - I didn't notice sound but this played just fine
-Turrican 2 - 1st level seemed perfect to me
-Lemmings - A little frantic without a true mouse but it worked just fine
-Syndicate - 1st time with this game, menus seemed sluggish,I was able to complete the first mission
-The Settlers - The menu buttons at the bottom were only 1/2 on the screen, otherwise this seemed to work fine
-Pinball Fantasies - Worked but its keyboard only which: 1) sucks and 2) virtual keyboard hides to bottom of the pinball table
-North & South - Worked perfectly, but to change units in battle you have to use virt keyboard to press SHIFT

I'd rate my experience with UAE4All to be pretty good maybe 6 or 7 out of 10. It'd be nice if someone out there was willing to try and improve on the interface giving it more of a point/click feel, enable savestates, and give support for WHDLoad and AGA. Since there's been recent movement on AmigaForever and C64Forever, (both of which have at least some open source) I'd think it'd be possible on the Wiz.

Thanks again Pickle for porting this over last year!

Edit - there is a helpful thread in the 'Emulation' board with a link to the following article that has a more detailed compat list: http://lostsite.altervista.org/wiz/?p=1054

A timely grave dig, if ever I saw one. Some Pandora and N900 developers are beavering away at UAE4ALL, adding new features as we speak. There is even talk of an improved interface. Keep an eye on this thread on the Pandora forum as I'm sure a lot of this stuff can be absorbed into the Wiz port. I don't have a Wiz but if I can get my mits on a Caanoo I might have a crack at a port (unless Pickle has dibs on it ;-)

SteveM said:
A timely grave dig, if ever I saw one. Some Pandora and N900 developers are beavering away at UAE4ALL, adding new features as we speak. There is even talk of an improved interface. Keep an eye on this thread on the Pandora forum as I'm sure a lot of this stuff can be absorbed into the Wiz port. I don't have a Wiz but if I can get my mits on a Caanoo I might have a crack at a port (unless Pickle has dibs on it ;-)

Im pretty sure the wiz code is in the "pandora" version, hopefully the "pandora" changes dont break other platforms. Be my guest if you want to port it.

SteveM said:
A timely grave dig, if ever I saw one. Some Pandora and N900 developers are beavering away at UAE4ALL, adding new features as we speak. There is even talk of an improved interface.

That sounds great, an improved interface is really needed. Who is doing it?

Pickle said:
Im pretty sure the wiz code is in the "pandora" version, hopefully the "pandora" changes dont break other platforms. Be my guest if you want to port it.
Yeah, I distinctly remember seeing the Wiz stuff in the same tree and a different makefiles.

DaveC said:
That sounds great, an improved interface is really needed. Who is doing it?
Well, I only said there was talk of it. Someone said they had a great idea for it and was going to sketch out the concept, but I guess they must've forgotten about it. Someone else said they'd have a look and see what it'd take to code it, but can't do a lot without the sketches.

Back