Uae4allgp2x Files/dirs Bugs And Games Broken.

noldor73

Still Fresh
Website
Visit site
I'have discovered 2 bugs one from version 0.7.0 to the last, and another from unknown version (tested this from only 0.7.0... and I'm not sure it is not from older versions)
1) you cannot set the prog main dir into 3 or more levels path from root... for example:
sdrootdir/emulation/uaedir/ ...works fine;
sdrootdir/emulaton/amiga/uaedir/ ...causes emulators to crash (the console too) when try to launch a game;
(bug appeared from 0.7.0)

2) sometimes long files multidisks are confused by the emulator filemanager... for example;
on the output of the file manager:
one_long_name_[cracked by]_disk_1/2.adf
on a real pc:
one_long_name_[cracked by]_disk_2/2.adf
...the problem sometimes disappear if I copy the 2 disks into antother folder (no need to rename it)... tested this with a big folder (over 200 files) (same bug from 0.7.0 to 0.7.2.a; not tested with older versions). The disks is confused not only on the display screen... for the "amiga" is the same disk 1 and the games ask for disk 2 :)

Now games that stopped to works:
Works only in 0.7.0:
Aaargh!
Akira
Alien Breed - Tower Assault
Amazing Spider-Man
Amnios
Assassin
Astaroth
Black Crypt
Cruise For a Corpse
Drakken
F1 Gp Circuits
Flashback
Hired Guns
Incredible Crash Dummies
Lemmings
Nitro
Pac Land
Quick The Thunder Rabbit
Stormball
The New Zealand Story
Ugh
Xenon 2

Stopped to works from 0.7.2:
Alien Breed 2
Batman Returns
Chips Challenge
Cybernoid 1
Dojo Dan
Fright Night
Head Over Heels
James Pond 1 (no collision in latest versions)
Oh no! More Lemmings!
Overdrive
Pacmania (lento e solo 0.7.0 - 0.7.1)
Skweek
Sword Of Sodan
Trolls
Zarathrusta

Sorry for my bad english :)

Any news of an update? the last i heard from the programmer was saying it would be released in a week and its been over a month? i could REALLY do with a save state option

Alien Breed - Tower Assault - Still works use the dlt cracked version
Overdrive -- Still works on one of the versions however it does not ask for a disk change. Put the status Trolls -- the Fairlight Cracked version works fine

mrbob said:
Any news of an update? the last i heard from the programmer was saying it would be released in a week and its been over a month? i could REALLY do with a save state option
Very busy at work - I don't have any free time. Then I'm on holiday. The source is there if you want to do it yourself... it's not an easy task, though. Realistically, you'd better hope someone else does it, because I'm not interested in having any additional hassle in my life, and that's what this has become.

Last edited by a moderator:
critical said:
mrbob said:
Very busy at work - I don't have any free time. Then I'm on holiday. The source is there if you want to do it yourself... it's not an easy task, though. Realistically, you'd better hope someone else does it, because I'm not interested in having any additional hassle in my life, and that's what this has become.

Thanks for your work on UAE4ALL for gp2x! I have followed its progress through the FAME/C core and then the Notaz improvements. It's not perfect, but it sure has gotten better and better and it's really fun for nostalgic moments! You'll always have posts like that one above, but you probably have a lot of fans like me who are grateful for what we have and the work you put into it. I'm not saying we don't quietly hope for more, but I would never demand someone's free time be spent on what they now consider work. Anyway, just wanted to let you know I appreciated your work.

Cheezer said:
Thanks for your work on UAE4ALL for gp2x! I have followed its progress through the FAME/C core and then the Notaz improvements. It's not perfect, but it sure has gotten better and better and it's really fun for nostalgic moments! You'll always have posts like that one above, but you probably have a lot of fans like me who are grateful for what we have and the work you put into it. I'm not saying we don't quietly hope for more, but I would never demand someone's free time be spent on what they now consider work. Anyway, just wanted to let you know I appreciated your work.
Cheers dude. Thank Chui and Notaz - they're the heroes. I just wanted to get something running on my GP2X to enjoy some old Amiga games. I did that, and don't even have time to play them myself... I think that's true of the more active developers too.

critical said:
I did that, and don't even have time to play them myself... I think that's true of the more active developers too.
Yup, think that goes for anyone with a more serious job. :( Bah.

Fantastic work though, thank you for letting me get my ass kicked all over again by Shadow of the Beast, any were I go. I know the Mega Drive version is good too, but the music is just not the same.

Cheers. :)

Back