Ubisoft F**kery

DaMummy

Soldier Paste
That's why I tell people for "ages" that it isn't really a good thing that PS4 and XBONE have PC-Hardware in it. While there surely will be an increase in multy system games, PC Gamers will have to suffer from design decision that where made with consoles in mind (auto save, input, etc.) even more.

Leaving the urge to rant aside, hasn't Ubisoft already built up a quite asthoning reputation of beeing dishonest to (future) customers ?

If it worked for the music industry it is what ubisoft is going to do.

Sell people better versions down the line. Keep monopolizing and driving down quality to perceive a notion of quality not being available while its actually trivial.

Now for banning people who apply the mod and making them buy new copies.

Last edited by a moderator:
lol who would hobble their own game on purpose, that's sad

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello, this is ubisoft. That work we slaved you for, yes, that one, nobody is going to see it, make sure it takes up room on their computer though, no, just comment it out.

Why does a company want to do that??

Do they want to support the consoles and not to make a superior version on PC?

It does not make sense to me.

I guess there may be possible explanations behind this besides they are just evil greedy exploited fiends with red eyes who sit behind round table in a dark room whose wall are covered with bank notes. 

1. Sony and Microsoft want their games felt next gen and special, they don't want consumers to think ps4 and xbox one are just gaming pc for poor people. So they basically paid Ubisoft to make their versions run better, but because Ubisoft is rather incompetent, they can't make watch dog look better on the consoles, so instead, they just make it look like crap on pc. 

2. Ubisoft didn't give a single toss about pc ports. Their goal of this pc port is bare-boned, they simply do not care and do not want to spend any effort on it. (See dark souls' pc port)

I doubt this has anything to do with how consoles are similar to pc in terms of hardware. If they want to spend minimum effort, it does not matter how different the architectures are. 

or more likely they'll sell a new PC "deluxe edition" in a few month with improved graphics...

I doubt this has anything to do with how consoles are similar to pc in terms of hardware. If they want to spend minimum effort, it does not matter how different the architectures are. 
Well, if the architecture is different they need to spend more money on a port, thus the game needs to be attractive on the new plattform, otherwise they won't earn enough to cover their costs. But on the other hand, nowdays development isn't the only big cost factor anymore, so who knows (certainly not me).

its not about his opinion here. as quite often about him, its his ability to have a voice, and actually use it for good stuff like this

New Ubisoft logo:

it all started in 1986 with this rad design – a look inspired by the distinct visual style of the ’80s. At the time, Ubisoft was a local distributor of video games.

Nine years later, Rayman was born and Ubisoft introduced the rainbow. This marked the company’s shift from distributor to creator, and highlighted the fact that Ubisoft was creating mainly family-oriented content.

In 2003, the swirl appeared on the scene and once again signaled a shift. It followed the acquisition of Red Storm and the creation of new Tom Clancy titles, marking a more mature and diversified approach.

Today, we create worlds – worlds that live as video games, comics, movies, TV shows, books, and amusement park rides. Our new logo is minimalist, modern and monochromatic. It’s a window into our worlds, giving a preview of what’s to come by highlighting the artistry that goes into creating them. The swirl and the letter O are both deliberately created to be reminiscent of hand-drawn shapes and represent our human qualities of enthusiasm, curiosity and the grain de folie that Ubisoft is known for.

With this new look, we proudly embrace our role as a creator of worlds and invite you, the players, to continue playing, engaging, and growing with us. As we move towards our most exciting time of the year (E3!), you will see this new emblem take on the colors and textures of our worlds, and we can’t wait to hear what you all think.

Calling Tom Clancy related thingies mature is quite a good joke:)

Back