Ubuntu for Tablets

don't forget it will also come for TVs! I very much like that cross-platform concept! ; )

I'm totally fierd up here, will get an Ubuntu smartphone and maybe a tablet too. Good platform to use Mosh. My Noka N97mini isn't as usefull anymore..

Is anyone getting the Galaxy Nexus or Nexus 4 to run the Ubuntu Beta?

Ghostcart said:
Followed shortly by Ubuntu for pandora?
hopefully... would be a good way to run closed source software like Skype or Steam for chatting and commercial games

Last edited by a moderator:
don't forget it will also come for TVs! I very much like that cross-platform concept! ; )

I'm totally fierd up here, will get an Ubuntu smartphone and maybe a tablet too. Good platform to use Mosh. My Noka N97mini isn't as usefull anymore..

Is anyone getting the Galaxy Nexus or Nexus 4 to run the Ubuntu Beta?

Ghostcart said:
Followed shortly by Ubuntu for pandora?
hopefully... would be a good way to run closed source software like Skype or Steam for chatting and commercial games
Well, Ubuntu for the TV has been announced quite some time ago, and nothing came out of that.

Also, Ubuntu running on the Pandora won't bring Steam or Skype since those aren't avaiable for our processor.

their priority right now is bringing it to smartphones, tablets. If its a success they'll go for TVs for sure

so you're saying a compiled programm on ARM processor X is not necessarily compatible with ARM processor Y?

edit:

I don't see why Ubuntu can't be ported to Pandora together with Skype and such software. They will be pre compiled for ARM. Therefore if you have the drivers, dependencies, you could make a Pandora port with working closed source software (Skype etc.)... Somebody plz correct my if I'm wrong.  

Last edited by a moderator:
Hopefully there will be a Ubuntu for iOS devices. I have a 3rd gen 32GB (which is worth mentioning because the 8GB version has exact same hardware as the 2nd gen 8GB) iPod that could use a superior OS.

Back